1,006 results
All reviews indoor pool pizza restaurant car park town centre cocktail bar bit dated restaurant manager trouser press evening meal buffet style budget hotel the main shopping area set menu few minutes walk plenty of choice bus station half board
Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

This is a good budget option and 3.5 would perhaps be a better score overall but I’ve rounded it up because the price is really competitive.

Positives for me include the facilities, few of which I used on this trip but I was surprised at just how big the hotel is behind the facade. Really great value in January and close to the town. The pizza restaurant was closed when I was there but the menu at the main restaurant looked to be well priced and varied and the indoor pool was being used by some of the guests and looked to be in good order.

Yes, it’s a bit dated but not untypical of hotels in this range and unlike other reviews I found the staff helpful, especially the lady at check in. Importantly, it was clean.

I didn’t eat here but had a drink at the bar, which again was good value compared to others in the town.

The WiFi around the hotel was excellent, no problems logging in and unlike some other hotels, once in I did not have to enter details again during my stay. I used the WiFi on two devices without any problems throughout my trip.

The issues I had with the hotel were in the room. The main one was that I had a room with adjoining doors to another bedroom, which was occupied by another guest. The TV must have been very close to the adjoining door because I could hear it the whole time it was on, the sound insulation isn’t really good enough, at least not in the room I occupied. The other slight problem was the shower. The water pressure wasn’t great to be honest, although temperature ok. If I stay again, I would ask for a room that doesn’t have a connecting door to another room, as I think this was the main cause of my interrupted sleep.

The bed itself was very comfortable, a firm mattress that suited me fine and the single room was of a reasonable size.

So overall, not bad. I think this would be a good half term option for families with the facilities on offer and for budget conscious business travellers.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank CISean
Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend prior to a rugby game, for those of you trying to find a car park it's at the rear of the hotel (wait until you see Domino's pizza and turn right).

The welcome was a smidge robotic and the hotel decor can only be described as dated and bed was quite hard. But if you want a good value place to base yourself for the weekend which is a close distance to town and has plenty of facilities (not that we used them) this is well worth visiting.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2018

Room big enough and enough storage however shower curtain rail suspension means you can't fully enclos and therefore flood the floor each time. Heating a little hit and miss. However some of the facilities, including those advertised in brochures in the room, are not available because "it's out of season". This included the Restaurant which only catered for a rather over-priced Breakfast. The Bar Tender in the evening playing games on her phone, with the sound full on, was not conducive to relaxing in the Bar. Jacuzzi was massively overheated, could have poached a lobster.

Room tip: Check facilities will be available
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith P
Reviewed 23 November 2018

Beware of this hotel as if your flight is cancelled due to adverse weather you will not receive a penny back even though you have had no breakfast, room service etc. To have cancellation refund you have to cancel at least 3 days before the booking commences which is impossible if your flight is cancelled on the day. This hotel is totally inflexible and does not deserve any customer satisfaction.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank keomcg
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable beds, rooms were basic but had a kettle, TV, tea and coffee and bathroom products, lack of AC may be an issue in summer though. We had a room at the front of the hotel and could hear traffic but it didn't bother us too much. Hotel staff were friendly, helpful and courteous at all times. Breakfast was absolutely first class, a great selection of hot and cold food. The staff in the restaurant were friendly and very professional. Good location and I would consider overall it to be good value.

Trip type: Traveled with family