All reviews budget hotel small kitchen garden and pool area basic needs double room good size stayed for nights full english microwave tv facilities jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Jersey as my aunty was having a wedding at the Grand Hotel, however me and my sister couldn’t afford to stay there so we thought we’d choose a budget hotel.
I left my sister in charge and I was a little disappointed at first when she told me it was the Sarum Hotel as online it doesn’t look great, and it looked quite dated.
Once we arrived at the hotel there was a lovely lady behind the desk who showed us to our twin room and we were surprised! It looked lovely, it was a nice spacious twin room with a fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave etc. The bathroom was dated however the water pressure in the shower was second to none. Our parents who were staying at The Grand were jealous as they said their shower was awful!
The beds were quite hard and we did struggle to sleep, however that was mainly due to the noise as we were in a room right next to the Hotel entrance.
Unfortunately we didn’t pay for breakfast or make use of the pool but if we return to Jersey we’d definitely consider booking this hotel again and making use of all the facilities.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank TildaHock
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I was there for 2 nights for business. My company booked me a double room; it was small and needs some improvements, the room had the basic needs, the bathroom was tiny. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The bed was tired and could do with being exchanged for a newer mattress, as the springs were worn out. There was no shower mat so the floor stayed wet for a while after having a shower as the curtain leaked onto the floor. Benefit of this hotel is that it is only a 10 to 15 minute walk to the shops and restaurants in the centre of St Helier.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank sarit1984
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with a group of young men on a 2 day/1night stop in Jersey.

From the incredibly helpful reception staff, to the pool that we enjoyed, and the fact they kept the bar open late for us, it made this the nicest experience I have had organising a trip/hotel for a lads get away.

It’s just a really laid back experience staying there, and when the staff are so helpful it just adds to the experience.

A perfect example of this was instead of kicking us out of our rooms at 11am, they let us keep them until 3pm when we where leaving, they didn’t make a big deal or a huff, or more importantly charge us.
They just checked that the rooms where vacant and let us keep them on!

Wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Jersey!

Pete and Chipping Sodbury RFC

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

If you are the type of person that likes to complain then don't go here - because it's not perfect yet. As mentioned before the decor needs updating and some work is in progress but our rooms were a really good size and had the benefit of a small kitchen, good storage, tv, powerful shower. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy with clean and soft bedding. The hotel is in a good place to walk all to the shops and restaurants in St Helier. We didn't have the breakfast because having the kitchen facilities meant we could sort our own breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful- one lady even called 3 places to get us a taxi one night. We had a good stay and would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Stez01
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I was there for one night for business. Hotel is currently being refurbished, I stayed in a newly refurbed room which was really lovely but I did meet other guests who were in older rooms and the description wasn't great. The hotel is a little tired looking in a lot of areas and the outside garden and pool area could be tidier.
However the staff were friendly, welcoming & helpful, it is clean & has the basic needs, breakfast was good and a reasonable price of 8GBP for full English.
It's close to everything so overall a good value budget hotel. If the rest of the hotel is refurbed to the standard of my room it will greatly improve it.
If you want more room comfort and hotel facilities for a long holiday this isn't the hotel for you, if you want a short break where you aren't going to spend a lot of time in the hotel only to eat sleep & shower I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017