“Top notch spot for walkers”
Review of The Baker's Table

The Baker's Table
Ranked #19 of 36 Restaurants in Greystones
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had walked from Bray to Greystones and made a bee-line for The Baker's Table.
We got a warm welcome from the manager / owner and as it was a cold and wet day we chose homemade soup and sandwiches which were delicious. the serve time was speedy and the service itself was warm and efficient.
We took a latte each with us and a cake for the trip back.
Really lovely and good value altogether. A walker's destination but clearly very popular with locals too.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped this morning after a cycle from Blackrock in the rain for coffee and a scone. Good place to stop. Refill is only €3 for two.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We arrived in after a walk in the woods to The Baker's Table to see the most attractive spread of in-house baked delights. Really enticing and so fresh looking. Unlike two cafes we had peeped into earlier here we found room to breathe at our nicely spaced table(unlike the sardine style layout in the other venues). Service was excellent. Melissa with a lovely welcoming smile took each of our orders and even though the cafe was busy we were served in great time. When I went up for my second coffee, Melissa spoke proudly of the goods being baked on site. What a great advert! The food itself was excellent. I had scones and hubby had beautiful portion of smoked salmon and avocado. Delighted to see that the toilets were so clean and well presented too. Will definitely be back. Thank you all.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We visited over the Christmas holidays. The kitchen was closed and they only served cakes. We had to have coffee and cake because there was really no other choice at lunchtime. The quality was fine but no different than what you would get in most other cafes.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

It was my first visit to the Dublin area ever and I was lucky enough, not just to visit your wonderful, beautiful, capital city (which I swear I'll return to, there is so much to see and do) but also visit the lovely little town of Greystones, riding the DART from Connolly all along the coast to get there and to eat twice at The Baker's Table.

I simply cannot recommend it highly enough if you're looking for simple, delicious, fresh food at an affordable price. I'm a vegetarian, normally living in France and, in the South, where I live, finding tasty food for people who don't eat meat is not always that easy. No problem at all though at The Baker's Table.

My first lunch was absolutely delicious toasted sourdough bread, which the very kindly and welcoming owner explained is baked daily on the premises. We French love our bread, so you can imagine my pleasure when I tasted it - in my humble opinion, it was as good as it gets. Topping the bread, a generous portion of Portobello mushrooms (I'm guessing pan fried with herbs - maybe including parsley), succulent, warming, extremely tasty - perfect for the cold day I was there and served with a nicely dressed salad of fresh leaves, roquette and baby spinach.

It was genuinely excellent and an enormous pleasure. I followed it with a simple coffee (I have a fairly small appetite), which was also very good and returned later in the day after my wanderings, for a scone and cream (we don't have these in France, so it was a real treat) from the big display of fresh baked goods at the counter. I can report, it was extremely satisfactory.

So good in fact, I returned a few days later although my time in your utterly delightful country was limited, this time it was for a brunch of scrambled eggs (again on the sourdough toast - which we need over here desperately).

I always think that the most simple food - eggs, scrambled or omelettes - are the test of a chef. Anyone can add a sauce or a sparkler. Making something utterly simple to perfection - that is the mark of a truly able cook.

Needless to say, the eggs were equal with the best I've eaten in a long life of searching. Creamy, not wet, light, not dry, savoury, not drowned in condiments, so tender and delicate, yet satisfying and you could taste the freshness. They were exactly what scrambled eggs should be. I was lucky enough to chat briefly with the chef and discovered that he once worked for Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, so I suppose it's no surprise that he can cook at truly great egg.

I heartily recommend this place, I will certainly be returning whenever I can get an plane from the sunny South of France. Hopefully, that will be very often.