“Superb Dining Experience”
Review of Herald and Devoy

Herald and Devoy
Ranked #49 of 80 Restaurants in Naas
Price range: US$12 - US$43
Description: Herald & Devoy is the ideal venue for an intimate dinner, a private party or a client dinner. Our menu has been tailored to suit all dietary requirements and pallets and we pride ourselves on the fact that all our sauces and soups are gluten free. We source all of our lamb, pork and beef locally to ensure our ingredients are of the highest quality.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This has to be one of the finest meals! We ordered from the starter menu of cheese with a perfectly baked pastry. The rib eye was of the finest quality and cooked exactly the way we asked. The creme brulee was served with homemade shortbread and a delicious apple puree! First class food and excellent service! A buffet breakfast on the first morning was freshly prepared and plenty to chose from. Breakfast on the second morning was a set menu with delicious scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and eggs benedict to name a few. We would fully recommend the restaurant and will return. First class traditional Irish hospitality.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

I had dinner midweek at Herald and Devoy, picked it after reading good reviews here and interested in trying new options in Naas. It was unfortunately quite disappointing.
My monkfish was rubbery and tasteless. I had a salad as a starter that was ok but nothing I couldn't make at home. My boyfriend's steak was quite good but again, nothing special.
The drinks selection was poor despite being one of the selling points on the website. Like someone also commented, my boyfriend wanted a less conventional beer and ended up ordering Guinness (but it was good Guinness, at least!)
The staff tried hard and were polite.
All things considered, I would not go back.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner here and as a coeliac asked for the gluten free options. Waiting staff hadn't a clue. When I was finally told what I could have the choices were minimal. Couldn't have any starters that didn't have fish. Dinner options - there were 3. Chicken came out dry. For dessert the girl told me I could have nothing, except fruit salad. It has been a long time since that was all I had as an option, even though they had three icecream options that I'm sure could have been altered to fit my needs. Really disappointed and won't be returning. Clearly do not have any real regard for allergies.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Me and my family ate in this restaurant on a visit to the OSPREY hotel.

The Restaurant is called Herald and Devoy. This is a really laid back but fansy setting at the same time.
We had Dinner and breakfast in here , overlooking the water fountains outside. An absolutely amazing setting to dine in.
 Now onto the food! A great start was to hear that their was not a supplement for a steak on the menu which is very common on set menus.
The food we got was fantastic in every way, down to the sides and sauce it was delicious.( Dinner Menu attached in pictures )

The staff mad the experience one of the best by being so great with our infant and Joyful.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here last Thursday. It was terrible. If you like good food and drink, do not go here.
1. Drinks: they offer 2 craft beers on their lunch menu with an invitation to ask server about full beer list. When I asked I was told they had Guinness.
I asked for one of the craft beers on the menu. The waitress came back 5 minutes later and said they didn't have it. I was not offered an alternative?!?
2. Food: prawn and avocado open sandwich with marie rose sauce. It came nicely presented but was unseasoned and bland. The Marie Rose sauce was tasteless and watery, probably as a consequence of the frozen prawns defrosting. I will not be returning.

Bernard R, Manager at Herald and Devoy, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Alenut,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback which we have taken on board and have sent to our team to review.
We would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to Herald and Devoy in the future,

Kind Regards