Rush Lake House(Roundstone)
Errisbeg Lodge(Roundstone)
Lisara House B&B(Roundstone)
Agoda.com
Errisbeg House(Roundstone)
All reviewssconeshis wifeon arrivalfull irish breakfastwelcoming hostsyogurtstayed one nightwarm welcomegreat breakfaststayed longertop floorcooked breakfastfirst floorsky roadconnemara arearoom was clean and comfortabletwin room
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our all too short stay in Roundstone. When we arrived at Island View we were welcomed very warmly by Maurice who cheerily showed us to our room, and kindly offered coffee and scones which we gratefully accepted. The cosy room was very comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. The breakfast offering is first class, and would easily set you up for the day. The easy way Maurice and Aisling go about their business in a most welcoming and friendly manner makes the experience of staying at the Island View B&B one that I would thoroughly recommend to anyone thinking of spending some time in the beautiful surrounds of Roundstone.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

i was welcomed by the host on a cold and blustery winter afternoon with a pot of tea and scone by the fireplace. the room was clean and cozy on the top floor facing the sea (room #6). parking was right across the street and o'dowd's (the only restaurant open in the winter) a block away for dinner (and lunch). an assortment of freshly cooked options was available for breakfast each morning.

Room Tip: Room #6 has a view of the water
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights while visiting our nearby family. Can’t recommend enough - great location, excellent breakfast and friendly hosts. Lots of local activities for families in a beautiful location - Connemara is one of the most beautiful places.......but then I am slightly biased

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I had traveled to Ireland 2 times previously and hoped to stay in Clifden however the B&B that we stayed at previously was unavailable so I searched tripadivsor for another B&B. We were not disappointed. Island View House was convenient to everything in the Connemara area - Galway, Clifden, Kylmore Abbey, Parks, etc. It provided beautiful water views. I'm not sure if anyone else has traveled with small children (I had my daughter and 3 grandchildren with me - ages 1, 2 and 8) but there was a wonderful playground located right across the street so it was a great way to end the day so they would be worn out for bed.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2018

well you all might think we're mad so here goes........ We left Dublin at 6.15 am on Saturday and we were in Roundstone by 9.30. Now, when you drive that distance after rising early let's be honest you do get hungry and as we left Galway City I suggested the Genlo Abbey Hotel . In I went and out I came - 23.50euro each !!!!! em ......I'm afraid not . Next stop Oughterard where the main Hotel was closed and another B&B/ Hotel had two men slouched over a table. On we went and it was now becoming a Breakfast mission. Next stop Cashel House Hotel ---- closed. Ah here !
Into Roundstone and guess what ? The Hotel on the main street said - closed til March lol. Yes, it was funny but we were hungry. Then Superwife spotted the Island View B&B and we could see people inside so I quickly parked the car and pressed the Bell. The lady who answered greeted me with a quizzical look. I asked her if she had 'breakfast for two weary travellers' to which she replied - 'step in out of the cold and let me see'. I immediately summoned Super wife and in we went. Boy, what a breakfast. Absolutely superb and the hospitality shown by Aisling and her husband who run the B&B was first class, While I was there I also had a look at one of the rooms for future visits and it looked really nice. So, my advise to anyone reading this is to book a room and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple