2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$140
Expedia.comUS$140
FindHotelUS$140
Hotels.comUS$140
Hyatt.comUS$140
StayForLongUS$163
All reviews rooftop bar market square great location gay street beautiful hotel valet service valet parking beautiful lobby restaurants and bars within walking distance great stay rooms are nice free breakfast definitely stay here again road trip staff was very friendly starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2021

Great hotel, great staff and great location. This was our first trip to the Knoxville area and this hotel wound up being in a great location. We look forward to another stay in the area and would love to experience the hotel post-Covid.

Reviewed 9 April 2021

The room was not clean, we found debris in the sofa bed and the bug crawling on the sheet that was in it. Bedsheet and comforter had holes in it. Hotel serves pre-made hot biscuits with sausage but there didn't have any biscuits with just eggs for vegetarians or people with religious convictions who don't eat pork. However, the alternative takeout breakfast items were good.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Trenton Keelen, Owner at Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciated getting to speak with you in person to discuss some of your concerns. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel through Knoxville.

Reviewed 6 April 2021

Nice hotel, good service, nice staff and nice roof top lounge with great small plates! Exceptional service from our server at the 530 Lounge. Only issue was not knowing to choose a room in the back of the hotel, not hear the busy street it’s entrance is on. A fun artsy Knoxville and great hotel. But party noises until 0300 am.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank laurenk402
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

We visited Knoxville to explorer TN and visit some friends on special occasion. Hyatt Place in downtown Knoxville is a classic, colonial looking hotel. The hotel is well-kept  and offered same type of amenities as a modern hotel. The checking process was quite unexpected when they gave me a sweet and complicate explanation about the parking situation. Make the long story short: The Hyatt doesn't have a parking garage! They charged you an  add $24/daily for valet parking. The valet parking was excellent, but they did not disclose that extra cost while booking.

The Hyatt Hotel and/or Corporation are focusing on COVID-19 and housekeeping is declining. I have to ask to clean my room, and they offered me a cleaning package ( clean towels, bedding ,etc.) I pay for housekeeping and I shouldn't  ask for it. At one point, they even suggested to clean the room yourself. I got really upset and I have to remind them, that I already spent 3 nights with my little one in the room. The interchange was sarcastic and cynical. It is time to go back to normal or charged less money for services that you are not providing. Also, breakfast was only hot coffee , the rest was cold food(OJ, milk, nutritional bars, bananas, only on Sunday they offered a hot prepack  breakfast sandwich). I asked for  bacon, pancakes, or the hot prepack breakfast sandwich for  the rest of my stay and a rude  employee answered me: That's it for the rest of the week! just like that! and  he was right. I have to spend 12 to 18 dollars to supplement my breakfast at the Starbucks nearby.
Overall, the staff was very friendly, specially if  you tip them, but the experience should be better for the money that you pay. Next time , I will stick with the Hilton Hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I do apologize that COVID-19 has brought so many challenges to our industry. We are working to add back some of the amenities as safety as possible that we had to pause for COVID. It is our top priority that every guest have a safe experience when staying with us. Again, we appreciate the feedback as it is always of value.

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this hotel in the past and liked it. However, this time, we were less than pleased. We weren’t offered free water at check-in and we are supposed to get this due to our Hyatt “status”. Additionally, the food options from the hotel are terrible. We were denied entry to the only operational restaurant on-site due to having our daughter with us. Apparently, their restaurant is off limits to those under 18 in the evening. The breakfast options were also lacking unless you want a diabetic coma or coronary artery disease. I get that we are dealing with Covid19 but restaurants are operating and breakfast options there was pretty sad. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly but we would likely chose other area hotels over this one in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize that the COVID-19 pandemic has forced so many challenges and changes on our business. We are hard at work to add back some of the amenities that were put on pause due to COVID. I apologize that some of these things were missing during your stay. Thank you again for the feedback as it is always of value.