Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$93.75
from US$24.62
from US$45.95
More Info
All reviews house sam tour lake home period century docent
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2020

This was a really cool house tour. There is free parking at the visitor's center and prices are pretty cheap. My docent. Lauren, was extremely knowledgeable about not only the house and family, but others who visited the house, period context, and events during the eras in which the family lived there.

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank Dewayne P
Reviewed 20 January 2020

Historic Rock Castle is a true gem! My wife discovered their concert series shortly after we moved to Gallatin from California. Sam and the superb staff have done a wonderful job of making this very special venue a total pleasure during our multiple visits over the past year. The historic setting, talented entertainment, food and libation, and nice folks have won us over. Back for more at the Castle this next season.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

Nice peaceful area. Did not take tour but the women in the visitors center were helpful and knowledgeable plan on going back when I have more time

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 11 May 2019 via mobile

I want to applaud the caretakers of Rock Castle and their board for doing such a great job on events! They allowed our scouts to do projects there, the spring and summer events are fun, and it's a historic site!

Don't miss their next event!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2018

As a local resident we have visited Rock Castle numerous times during the year. The work that the volunteers do to maintain the history of Daniel Smith's family and the impressive grounds is beyond words. My wife and I love the "colonial craft classes" that are offered at times during the year. Also the special holiday events and summer concerts are a must attend events.

Date of experience: June 2018