“We waited well over an hour”
Review of Americana Taphouse

Americana Taphouse
Reserve a table
Mon, 17/05
20:00
Ranked #23 of 382 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Americana Taphouse offers Southern takes on American classics, perfect for pairing with the robust selection of 24 craft beers on tap in a fun, relaxed, family environment that will appeal to any generation.
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

We waited well over an hour for our food in a restaurant that was not even full. Watched lots of delivery dudes orders going out the door. Clearly their kitchen could not handle a 3/4 full restaurant plus carry out and delivery. Kept hearing how slammed they were. Hmmmm... oh, and my fish tacos came out cold — twice. Waiter was sweet, but no manager. Bad form. Used to be one of our favorites. Not any more.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank Jeffcornwall
Write a reviewReviews (751)

Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

Walk in, no tables had people at them, I did not have a reservation so they said I could go to bar and eat. Got a menu right away and the service went downhill from there:-(. I immediately ordered a beer from the large selection and it took 15 minutes to get it, why? Because the bar tender served standup people way before sit down people! Ordered beer battered fish, it came fast! But ordered another beer and it took forever because he only waited on stand ups! I kept trying to flag him down, but it seemed he was ignoring me. This place needs some customer service Ed equates for sure. The fish was small and overcooked, just like the fries! Too bad it could be a nice place!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 27 March 2021

The restaurant wasn’t crowded. Many tables were empty. My husband and I were told there was a 45 minute wait. Perhaps they were short staffed? We got on the list for a table, and were told we would get a text when our table was ready. We were in the restaurant nearly two hours, and we never received a text. We sat at the bar and indicated we wanted to order dinner. But then the bartender didn’t return to take our order. We repeatedly had to flag him down, to get his attention, so that we could order. It took nearly an hour for our food to arrive. My salmon was a tail portion, was over cooked, and was very salty. It wasn’t enjoyable at all. Our bartender never checked on us to see if our food was ok. He forgot about the beer my husband requested. 15 minutes later we flagged him down and asked for it again. The group next to us also waited forever to get their food, and all they ordered was an appetizer. The bathroom had no soap, no paper towels, no dryer, and no toilet paper. My husband and I have lived in Franklin for 17 years and we eat out often. We’ve never had a negative experience quite like this one.

Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

Great outdoor seating, entertainment, and beer list. They have a page full beers available on tap. The servers are fun and helpful. The burgers are solid. This is located in walking friendly Downtown Franklin.

1  Thank barkus1968
Reviewed 17 March 2021

Recently had dinner here on a weekday night. It was a nice space, and a great location. People were there, but it wasn't crowded, and parking was simple. The food was delicious, drinks were fine, and the prices were reasonable.

But it was an hour and 15 minutes from the time we sat down until our food arrived. That time includes the first 15 minutes of us sitting there without being served at all, before I got up and found the host to ask if we could be waited upon. It also includes the 10 minutes it took to get a beer and a whiskey & water. And the 30 minutes it took for our food to be prepared after we ordered.

In all that time, I never saw a manager or was greeted or spoken to by anyone but our often absent server. He was polite and seemed like a fine person, but it's hard for niceness to overcome that much wasted time.

I don't usually write reviews; if I have a bad experience I just won't return. But this place has so much good potential. Whoever is running it is either unaware of these deficiencies and needs to get a handle on it, or doesn't think they matter and needs to do better. Hope my experience isn't the norm.

Oh, and it took forever to get paid up too.

1  Thank willcZ3736GI