“Best Thai in Chattanooga”
Review of Thai Esan

Thai Esan
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in East Ridge
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I keep going back to this great, unassuming restaurant. It 's decor and atmosphere is very plain. They put the effort in the food though. It is excellant and by far the best, authenic Thai in Chattanooga. The pho is great and all the curry's are also great. I keep going back.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I believe this is the best Thai food restaurant in the Chattanooga area. Although the Thai dumplings left something to be desired (the sauce is necessary), the masamam and panang curries are great. The Thai tea and sweet tea are tasty, as well. Very clean, cold, tasteless water, which is important to me. The service can be improved and the seats and tables need repair. Overall, good experience and we will be back!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Their food is really good, some items are fantastic. The sweet basil chicken and vegetables were superb. Sadly the service was terrible. I had to beg for drinks/refills. The waitress just doesn't appear to care about the customers. Twenty minutes after we ordered the waitress returned to say they were out of what we had ordered. I was also over-charged on my bill. We love the food and the owners seem like great people but the service may send me looking for replacement Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Great find for Thai food in an unexpected location. Coconut soup is one of the best soups I've ever eaten. All of the other items on the menu were also excellent, particularly the curry dishes. Definitely give this place a try!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Don't judge a book by its cover....and don't judge a restaurant by its store front. That's the case of Thai Esan, driving by I never would have stopped here, but I heard about how good it is by a random stranger, so I figured I'd give it a try. Fair warning...Its a dive, but clean. This place is one of the best Thai restaurants I have eaten at, and the price and quantity cannot be beat in the Chattanooga area.

The chicken satay was excellent as well as the fresh (summer) rolls ($3.50). The panang curry was very good, and we selected the seafood.. it was loaded!!!

I was disappointed however, they did not offer crispy fish, which is my favorite of Thai dishes. It's okay though as there's plenty of other choices.