“Don't waste your time and money”

Millstone Restaurant & Country Store
Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Dandridge
Description: A little piece of heaven on Douglas Lake at Swann's Marina. We offer wholesome, regional food; prepared and served with passion and integrity.
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were seated at 6:00pm promptly and we ordered our food 7 minutes later. We both liked platters since it came with two sides and we were hungry. He had the catfish & I had chicken tenders. The venue had perhaps 4 tables with customers so it was basically empty. Our food magically appeared at 7:00pm. Yes, approx 1 hour after being seated. All the sides "onion rings, green beans, fries, & okra" were cold, flabby and greasy. The catfish he had was tasty, but the chicken tenders were greasy. Not once did the waitress ask about the food. The cashier asked and we promptly gave him the feedback, but he didn't seem to care, no reduced price or even an apology. Not only this but upon paying the +28 dollars he tossed change in my husbands hand where some hit the floor. Totally perplexed I just walk out.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This was second visit the first visit was ok. My wife mother inlaw and myself showed up for dinner. Two groups come in after us we sat for over 20min the waiter never asked if we wanted refills or checked on us in that time frame. The other two groups got their food so we asked about our food she went to the back room my guess is that she didn't put in our order. So we decided to leave if she had forgot if she would've come told us and asked if she could get us something while we waited we would have been fine. Own up to it apologize see what you can do for the customer and all would be good. One of the worst experiences I've had and will not be back for a long time if ever.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I ordered the Ultimate Cheese Burger with burnt cheese around it. It was ok. My son liked his chicken tenders and my wife liked her grilled cheese. Might try something different next time.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We have last the restaurant several times and decided to give it a try. Our first experience was lunch. They have a decent variety of lunch choices. The waitress was attentive and pleasant. We had a grilled chicken sandwich which was very good. My husband had a turkey wrap. It is clean and has an open floor plan with booths and tables. We had breakfast this week there was a large choice to pick from and there was plenty of food. You will not go away hungry. The biscuits are homemade and delicious.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Saturday at 6. The restaurant was a third full and appeared adequately staffed. We ordered a variety of items from the menu. We found that several items had a good flavor and appeared to be uniquely created. That's good. The brisket special was the winner of the table though the brisket was rather salty. However, nothing they served us was hot. Also the waitress started off attentively and then just disappeared. When we finally flagged down another waitress, ours came running and offered to quickly bring us our checks.
The decor looked new and well done. The restaurant and bathrooms were clean.
I hope this place shapes up and this area needs a good restaurant.