“Great Fish, But.....”

Catfish Cabin
Ranked #10 of 130 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been wanting to try this restaurant, but was a challenge matching our schedule with the days they are open. Today was finally the day. From existing reviews, we learned that the American catfish is better than the international, although a bit more expensive. Being a firm believer in reviews, I ordered the American, which was excellent, but cannot tell you the difference in the two. I asked the server about this, and she said people say the American is fishier tasting (?). My order came with one side but beans, slaw, and hush puppies had already arrived with our drinks. So I selected yet another side. We weren’t a fan of the slaw but that’s personal preference. Everything else was really good. I observed another customer asking about “something sticky” on his table, and he was provided paper towels to lay on the table. We also noticed that our shoes sort of stuck to the floor. Perhaps there is an unusual circumstance for this problem, but thought it should be mentioned. Also this restaurant does accept credit cards while other small restaurant in the area are “cash only”. We will return as their catfish was exceptional.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This is a good place to eat. It doesn't look like much from outside but the food is good and you get generous proportions.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Down Home style Restaurant & Food. The Fried Catfish was wonderful (farm raised), lightly breaded with corn meal lightly fried. Frog Legs done the same way, also very good. Very friendly place, nothing fancy JUST COOD FOOD.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

This is a must visit restaurant! Quaint, friendly and unique! My wife had the imported catfish and the serving was huge! I had a chicken breast. Dinner came with beans, slaw & hush puppies. The hush puppies were the best I've ever had-excellent. The beans were also exceptional! Service can be a bit spotty, but all is forgiven given the friendly family atmosphere! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Went Friday night. I thought room temperature was warm. It is outdated but decent. Staff is friendly. Pinto beans served in a small cast iron pot are served before your meal. They are wonderful. If you get the catfish, the pieces are really large. And they are very good. I had the 3 piece meal and it was way more than I could eat. My husband had chicken tenders and thought they were good.

Been to Catfish Cabin? Share your experiences!