“Popular Place”

'The Beef and Barrel Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local restaurant - do not believe they have a website
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We have noticed a full parking lot at this restaurant every time we’ve gone by. We decided on lunch on a Monday. The dining room had only two tables available but we were seated quickly. My husband ordered a Cuban sandwich, which he hadn’t had in a long time. It was a special that day and came with fries and slaw. I needed a “cheeseburger fix”, also with fries, which I requested be prepared medium. My husband enjoyed his lunch very much. My burger was over cooked and the bun was “well” toasted. I didn’t want to wait for another one to be prepared so I ate the middle of it, taking home the edges that I couldn’t eat, to our labs! The fries were very good though. When our waitress came to offer a refill on our drinks, I told her it wasn’t prepared as requested. She remembered that I’d asked for medium, and charged us for the fries only. That was nice of her but doesn’t leave me with a good impression of the restaurant. We’ll probably try it again someday - perhaps a different time of the day when the cook isn’t overwhelmed.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were on a mini getaway and we went to this restaurant. We can’t say how surprised and pleased we were with the food and the price! Great service and friendly staff!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Our first visit was months before we lived here. We were impressed then, and it's still one of our regular stops. The food is consistently good and the service is great. If you don't feel like sitting in the open restaurant, there's a great little bar in the back, same menu. Very friendly. The front restaurant could use a lot of updating and atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Dined at the restaurant and had one of the steak specials while my wife had the prime rib. Service was very good until the server's friend showed up to dine and then our table got mediocre service ! Food was prepared as ordered but for some reason and end cut of the prime rib was slower served than the steaks. The special for the steaks was bone in 16 oz but some how only two were served while mine was not bone in although prepared as ordered. Baked potatoes were overdone ( About the same time as the server's friend showed up) and our request for extra water was ignored. What started out to be a Good experince was in the end ruined by a Server not paying attention to the job !

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Sometimes the food is great and sometimes the steak is tough. The service is always good. My friends say the drinks are strong, which they like. I don't drink so I'm not sure. But they like it a lot.