“Convenient and Comfortable Stay”
Review of Riverview Inn

Riverview Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Clarksville
“Convenient and Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed November 21, 2016

This is a great place to stay and very close to Austin Peay State University (visiting daughter at school). The outside looks like it needs a pressure wash but don't let that deceive you. The inside is very nice, the rooms are comfortable and quite. Excellent breakfast served till 9am on weekdays and 10am on weekends. The front desk staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for river view (rooms with even numbers face the river)
  • Stayed November 2016, traveled with family
lcapps, Guest Services at Riverview Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2016
Thanks so much for the review and the lovely photos! :) Glad you found your room to be comfortable and quiet. Feel free to stay with us whenever you come see your daugther! -Christy, Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

The hotel lobby is decorated lovely and I LOVE the thought of the day jar. It's very inspirational. The staff was excellent. The rooms are outdated and need a serious makeover. They need whomever designed downstairs do the same with the room. The carpet is really old and needs to be replaced. The bed was hard but softened the next night. I'd give the property another chance just needs some upgrading. I work for the government so it was very close to where I needed to be. It's minutes from Austin Peay and not far from the mall. Hopefully it will be renovated soon.

Stayed November 2016, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! We're definitely wanting to renovate more rooms as soon as possible-- we want the rooms to be on par with the awesome lobby! You can request a room on the 7th floor if you would like one of our newly renovated rooms. As of now, this is the only renovated floor, but it's quite nice up there. :) -Christy, Guest Services
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed November 18, 2016

The only thing unusual about this place was that the hallway in which my room was located had a strange smell to it. That's about it. I think the place used to be an old Holiday Inn or something.
One thing I did think about though, was that this hotel had a vibe like that spooky hotel from The Shining. No ghosts though, that would have been awesome.
Also, check out the brewery up the street if you are at this place. Great beer and great burgers. Boom!

• Stayed November 2016, traveled on business
Golly! Yep, there aren't any ghosts here! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the Blackhorse Pub, thanks so much for supporting our local businesses and taking the time to write a review! -Christy, Guest Services
Houston
Reviewed November 5, 2016

The staff was courteous and friendly, but the room we had (4th floor) was more than a disappointment. As soon as we walked off the elevator, the stains and gum on the hallway carpet gave us a hint of what we would find in the room. The carpeting looked like it had been installed with carelessness - 30-40 'humps' and folds, the desk and chair were worn out, and the lack of available electric outlets left us hunting for a place to recharge our phones. The bed was nice, but the pillows were only the bouncy foam type that left my neck stiff and sore the next day. When I told the desk clerk at checkout about the obvious need for renovation, he seemed surprised at the floor and room conditions.

Our reservations were originally for 4 days, but we checked out of the Riverview after the first night and moved over to the Hampton Inn (rated #1 on TripAdvisor). What a contrast! I was blown away by the quality of the accommodations at the Hampton, and all for $25 more per night.

I wanted to try the Riverview, but I regret a wasted night there.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel (my suggestion - the Hampton)
  • Stayed November 2016, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed November 2, 2016

I felt like I got what I expected...this hotel advertises itself as a nice mid-range property with a great downtown location. Other hotels in the area were out a little farther closer to more retail, but the three of us couples were in town to see a show at the Roxy, so this was perfect for our needs. It was a quick walk to the theatre and a delicious dinner at Edward's. We also took advantage of the beautiful fall day to use the Riverwalk right outside the door, which highlights the Cumberland River. I will admit that the outside of the hotel gave me a little pause when we pulled up, but the lobby and our room were a pleasantly updated surprise. The staff was helpful, and there was free breakfast & a pool, which we didn't take advantage of. Our room was on the executive level (and I would recommend calling and requesting that because I understand they are in the middle of renovations and these rooms are finished.) As per other reviewers, the windows in our room needed to be replaced because they were "foggy", but our view was of the parking lot anyway, so no big deal for our short stay. They "roll up the streets" downtown early, even on a weekend, so if you are looking for nightlife, you might consider a different location. Overall, very happy with our choice for this trip.

Room Tip: Request an Executive Level (remodeled) Room, and a river view.
  • Stayed October 2016, traveled as a couple