12 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$68
Agoda.comUS$169
PricelineUS$169
FindHotelUS$203
All reviews haunted room beautiful hotel chop house great gatsby al capone tower rooms huge walk in shower modern conveniences bell hop lobby bar valet service every single staff member valet parking every employee never stay anywhere else the ritz long weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2021

This was the best hotel experience I've had in many, many years including stays at the Peabody and other fine hotels. Virtually every aspect of this hotel is exquisite. We took the tour of Room 311 and took pictures. I'm not one to go in for such things but pictures don't lie---that is all I will say about that. GREAT HOTEL and very affordable in terms of what to expect in a true luxury and historic hotel.

Room tip: take the tour of 311
Date of stay: February 2021
Jim Bambrey, General Manager at The Read House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have been told some some things come out in the pictures! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

We did not stay here this time around, but we intend to stay here on on next visit. We stopped in at their lobby and were very impressed. They have an upscale restaurant and bar, and there are many chairs and sofas for relaxing or having a drink. The only suggestion I would love to make (and heard several others commenting on) is that the piped in music is WAY TOO LOUD. The music is a wonderful touch, but the ambiance would be greatly improved if management would lower the volume three or four notches. Thank you for providing a beautiful hotel.

2  Thank FiFiFranklin

Thank you for your 5 star review! I have looked into the music and noticed it was a little loud so I did turn it down to a more appropriate level. I hope you will come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

The reviews you will see here are all positive, I'm sure!. I do have one negative, but I'll save that for the end. First, here's what I liked about the Read House:

1. location/convenience
2 the people working here are absolutely lovely. So pleasant and accommodating!
3. renovated rooms with comfy beds/pillows
4 HUGE, renovated bathrooms
5. dinner at their steakhouse, which had excellent food and service
6. Byron, my wonderful server at the restaurant!
7. the $25.00 voucher toward food & drink during my stay
8. in-room Keurig machine with selection of coffee
9. in-room fridge to store cold items

My only negative comment -- and the reason I didn't rate my stay as "excellent" -- was the LOUD and IRRITATING music that is piped throughout the hotel. I noticed it the minute I walked into the lobby, and by the time I got checked in, I had a little headache from it. I stuck my head in the lobby lounge to see if the music was in there too, because my plan had been to sit down after my very long drive and enjoy a glass of wine. But this same, cacophonous music was blasting in there too! In fact, I couldn't find anywhere in the lobby without it, so I took the elevator up to my room (5th floor). Sure enough, when I got off the elevator, the music was playing there too, and down the hallway. (Fortunately, it wasn't in my room! LOL.) I was finally able to take refuge in the steakhouse where the music wasn't playing, so that I could unwind, enjoy a glass of wine, and eat a relaxing meal. But that frenetic "music" has got to go. Definitely has no place in a luxury hotel, where you would expect something more elegant.

Room tip: You'll definitely hear your neighbors through the walls, so maybe request a room where you don't have someone next to you.
3  Thank Margaret R

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the music being played it is a mix of classic twenties to present day eclectic songs. I am glad however you enjoyed our steakhouse. I hope you will visit us again the next time you come to Chattanooga.

Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

We chose the hotel because of the historic buildings and the location in the city. The historic wing of the hotel was renovated and beautifully decorated, the staff , the valet and room service were all amazing ! Great food in the restaurants. The only thing that was missing were the luggage carts! Ha! The hotel should invest in more carts or a gps system to locate the carts. We highly recommend this hotel .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim Bambrey, General Manager at The Read House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will look into some sort of tracking device for the carts. It is an issue every now and then. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 February 2021 via mobile

It is apparent that even luxe hotels are offering attractive rates to pull in guests, and if you love luxury, The Read House should be on your short list.

The hotel is appointed with an array of fantastic antiques and period-correct art and decor. Its gorgeous!

We spent several hours in the lounge and the staff is phenomenal and demonstrate a high level of training. There bar is well with good wines and plenty of spirits.

Speaking of spirits, be it verified or not, there is scuttlebutt over several long-deceased yet reborn persons (?) walking the halls at night.

Chattanooga landed a winner with this fantastic landmark!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim Bambrey, General Manager at The Read House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Thank you for your Spectacular review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.