“Great ice cream but...”

Add it.
Baskin-Robbins
Ranked #33 of 34 Dessert in Chattanooga
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Laziest employees I have ever seen. One night, there were 3 workers but only 1 was working the entire time we were in line. 2 of the 3 stopped working multiples times just to talk to each other. Another night, there were 4 workers who all suddenly disappeared to the back. One worker appeared about 7 minutes later. 2 more returned 15 minutes after disappearing but we didn’t move in line for at least 20 minutes. Both nights, the line was out the door. The ice cream is great but it shouldn’t take over an hour and 20 minutes for 4 employees to serve 20-30 customers.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Sunday, my young son and I waited 10 minutes as one employee of 5 that I saw behind the counter helped the customer (yes, one customer) ahead of us. No problem. The customer was being a bit difficult asking for samples for her son although they had already ordered, received their ice cream and paid. The customer wanted to have her son try the flavors so he knew what he would get next time. The employee was patient and worked with this customer. Then the customer left.
My turn right? No. The employee fiddled with the register and would not make eye contact. Two groups of people then entered the store totaling at least 10 people. One of the employees who had been standing behind the counter washing the equipment asked on of the groups of she could help them! What? Then the employee fiddling with the register looked right at me and moved to help the other employee with the new group! Ridiculous! I said "Good job. I have been waiting for 10 minutes." I got no apology and no request to take my order. I left with my crying son in my arms. Went to Walmart and let him pick out his ice cream!
This is not an isolated problem.
On my previous visit about a week ago, there were 5 employees total behind the counter. They were chatting. All but one went to the back shortly after I came in. The one employee at the counter was helping at the drive-thru. She then came over and took my order after a few minutes. As she was preparing the milkshakes, two others came out of the back and chatted. Then a young man came from the back and asked if he could help me. I advised that the young lady was already helping me. The other two employees, a male and female, laughed and so did the young man who asked to help. The only one I saw working was the young lady who made our shakes.
This is a product of terrible management! The owner has to be losing money with his hiring and management practices. I will tell everyone who will listen not to patronize this store.
It goes beyond not caring. It is insulting!
But, I am not the first to complain as made evident by other reviews. No changes! I would fire the owner if he worked for me!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 May 2017

My granddaughter is 7 every year we come there on her BD just for ice cream! and on play days! Baskin Robbins has the best ice cream

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 23 March 2017

The ice cream and cakes are great and my family loves them. I ordered a cake online to be picked up at 11:30 AM. Upon my arrival at the store, a young woman saw me pull up and she immediately went to the back. I knocked on the locked door and even called the number on my pickup receipt, but received no answer. As I was getting back in my car , she came back out. I got out again and knocked. She very rudely told me that they did not open til 12. I did finally get my cake. Owners -train your workers to be kinder to customers and don't take orders for pick up at 11;30 when you son't open til noon,

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

An employee at the Signal Mountain location "Justin" (adolescent manager?) hung up on me today after he had been directed to contact me to resolve a custom cake order issue.

He misspelled 2 of of ONLY 3 words requested on the order... then he seemed to become quite flustered when called out on it. I attempted to show him proof in the form of a picture of the Cake vs. the invoice with directions written out. His only excuse was that I should have checked it. Well.. in the rush I wasn't aware that I should be spell checking.

Oh well. Guess you can't have your custom cake and eat it to. Thanks for spoiling a party. A terribly rude mananger to hang up on a customer.

Date of visit: February 2017