“A very unique remodel to an old and memorable establishment. The location has been many venues in the past, this is nice”
Review of Kol

Kol
Ranked #4 of 276 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: The cornerstone of the establishment is a massive coal-fired oven (nearly 10 feet wide) that glows with a combination of dancing gas flames and red-hot coal that will be highly visible both inside and outside of the restaurant. This provides an incredible backdrop for our exhibition-style kitchen, which in essence, will provide dinner and a show. The nearly 1,200 degree oven allows us to prepare unique menu items targeted at today's more savvy diner that's not only looking for great flavors, but also the high nutritional value required to fuel today's busy professional.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food was very unique and very good, I would definitely recommend this to anyone to try at least once.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On our first night in Rapid City we stopped in for dinner. Service was good and food hit the spot. The vegetable artichoke appetizer was delicious.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food! Chicken pesto sandwich & Kale salad are always good & filling. I would recommend eating here. Kid friendly too!

1  Thank myreview3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I understand what the owner was going for with this place and can appreciate that, but when you try to give an upscale appearance and vibe your food has to at least be decent. That is not the case with kol. If you enjoy overpaying for drinks and spending way too much on low quality food then this is the place for you. Was there for opening night and was extremely disappointed. Went back several months later because my mother wanted to give it a shot. I also figured that it was opening night and they were still working out a few issues, but I was still left with a stomach unsatisfied and a bill too big. I have gone back one more time since then for a double date and all four of us were extremely underwhelmed.

1  Thank Bryan S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food isn’t bad, but overpriced in my opinion. Service at dinner is ok, bartenders at night always seem annoyed that you’re ordering a drink.

Been to Kol? Share your experiences!