Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
4,065 results
All reviews swim up bar jasmine tower indigo tower barefoot landing pool area the cottages bedroom condo beautiful property the kitchen family vacation ocean front lazy river fitness center third floor beach access off season pools and hot tubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2021

The property is good and is idea for a family to enjoy. Plenty of pool areas to spread out (kids pools are plentiful), a large amount of chairs, and beach access is convenient along with easy!

My low rating is for the penthouse!

The amount (Over $500/night) is no where near the value of what you paid.

We stayed in PH #10 of the Indigo Tower and found it to not be updated at all. Probably same furniture placed when the resort was built. Plus the carpet and furniture was stained, cockroach visited me Saturday morning,

My advise is not to book anything at this resort unless it’s through VRBO or directly with the individual owner. This unit is resort owned and I should have been suspicious when there’s only two photos displayed on the resort website!

Lesson learned!

Room tip: Only book through a condo owner NOT resort owned!
1  Thank 45genec
John Stephan, Guest Services / Front Office at North Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with your room. I will pass your comments about the overall condition of your room to the homeowner so that we ensure that it upholds the North Beach standard. All of our units are individually owned so we do not have any resort owned units. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a great one.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

This resort is an excellent place to stay, however my unit was in need of repair and up keep. Home owners should pay more attention to their investment if they want to continue with its bookings. Great resort otherwise

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank TrailBlazer634551

Thank you for your kind words about our resort and for staying with us. I apologize about the issues you experienced with your unit and will make sure to follow up with the homeowner.

Reviewed 29 May 2021

Please save your money and your precious vacation time by staying elsewhere. This place may once have been a gem; however, it no longer deserves a 4-star rating. Whether it went downhill over the years or due to the pandemic, you will be happier and your family will be safer at a different resort that doesn’t claim to be the Ritz Carlton and deliver a Motel 6.
I honestly do not even know where to begin concerning the laundry list of disappointments experienced at this so called ‘4 star’ hotel… This resort gets an F for customer service, cleanliness, aesthetic, and comfort. My family and I decided to go on vacation with our closest friends and stay in the towers of North Beach Plantation. Our husbands, whom have stayed at the resort multiple times in the past (the most recent having been 2015) recommended it. We booked a 5-bedroom condo through a golf 3rd party that is affiliated with the resort in January of 2021 for a week-long stay in May of 2021. 6 days prior to our check in, we received an email stating our 5-bedroom condo was not available because the resort was going to be renovating them that week but due to our in convenience the resort had agreed to give us a 2 bedroom and a 3-bedroom condo AT SAME COST. We decided to still go on the vacation because with the notice being so close the time off requests, schedules, dog care, and so on were already pretty locked in. I’m not sure who dropped the ball on this, whether it was the resort or the 3rd party, but to be honest I don’t really care. There is no reason we should have be informed of this so close to our departure and to offer us a downgrade as though they’re doing us a favor for our inconvenience without any sort of compensation is an outright insult. There may be the same number of bedrooms but the space is not the same – aside from the fact we had to split our group up and the items we were bringing to share between us, we now had cram 13 individuals into one space designed to accommodate 6-8 max when wanting to cook, eat, hangout, and play games together. What really put the cheery on top of this, was that we could see guest hanging out on the balcony of the condo we were supposed to be in, so was it really under renovation or was there an accident with the booking...? Again, I’m not sure who the blame falls on for this one but we should have been given some money back, a voucher of some sort, a comped cabana for a day or the week, or an upgraded accommodation. In addition to the obvious annoyances, because we had known which condo we were supposed to have been in and seen pictures, we know the smaller condos we were assigned were not comparable aesthetically. Regardless of the condos being individually owned, a ‘4 star’ resort should have some type of standard concerning the decor and quality of furnishings! I swear I have experienced nicer accommodations in 2-star hotels. The condo we were placed in was EXTREMELY disappointing. There were knobs missing from the furniture rendering drawers unusable, one of the 4 posts from one of the beds was snapped off exposing a rough edge, when the sofa bed was pulled out there was literally metal pieces sticking out and springs fell onto the floor, the legs of the coffee table in the middle of the room were extremely unstable…
When we first arrived, we found the condo to be dirty – the 11-month-old crawling about, kept finding popcorn on the floor from a previous tenant both inside the condo and on the balcony. The piece below the refrigerator had been removed displaying years of dust, dirt, and food particles. The beige colored furniture had noticeable discoloration and just looked gross. This is unacceptable for obvious health and safety reasons but the fact that we had an 11month old and a 19-month-old being exposed to these conditions is absolutely infuriating! Coming out of the Covid19 Pandemic when cleanliness standards are supposed to be heightened really makes you wonder about what else they missed and that we didn’t find or can’t see.
The very first morning we were there, my husband who is about 220 lbs. went to sit in a dining room table chair for breakfast and coffee and the entire back of the chair including the back legs broke off. He could have been seriously hurt and there were loose wood shards scattered about the floor. We found a broom in one of the closets but no dust pan. When I called the front desk around 7am I was told maintenance would be sent up, I called back at around 9am still waiting and was told again maintenance would be sent. At 11am I walked to the front office where I was told that maintenance doesn’t begin until 9am and then go in order of their calls, so they were not sure when they would get to our room. Now that I had wasted half of my day, when I commented, ‘that information would have been nice to know’ I was told “well I wasn’t the person you talked to” and to place the broken chair by the front door because I didn’t need to be there when they came. The chair wasn’t taken from our room until nearly 6pm, again this was a safety hazard and concern particularly with babies in the room (which I had informed them of multiple times of). The whole incident was treated as though the chair was broken out of negligence, there was no apology that we experienced this, no offer to have someone clean the floor of the wood shards, and no replacement chair offered for the duration of our stay.
The hotel is obviously under staffed and the staff they do have is widely under trained. We experienced several unpleasant staff members. For example, when requesting towels at the pool one day one of the staff members present responded with “we’re out of towels.” Thinking they were joking because there was clearly towels present and the other attendant went to get them, we asked ‘how’s it going’ and they responded with, “ready to get out of here.” Trying to keep the mood light we then responded, ‘long day huh?’ at which point the rude employee just turned away from us. Having worked in customer service for many years, you absolutely tell a customer you’re ready to get home in a playful friendly manner. Despite a sign posted that staff should not ride the elevators with guests, staff member could care less. This wouldn’t be a big deal if they weren’t rude but this usually wasn’t the case.
Only one of the outdoor pools is heated, rendering most of them unusable due to being ice cold. This probably isn’t an issue in the peak of summer but if you plan to go any other time of the year it really limits the advertised multiple pools ‘perk’.
I could go on and on nitpicking many smaller problems with this place. If you take anything from this review, please understand there is nothing special about this place. Stay at the Wyndham or one of the many other available options in Myrtle Beach.

3  Thank 921melissau

Thank you for staying with us and I apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. I apologize for the issues that you had with your golf reservation and that we were not able to accommodate you in the larger unit you originally booked. I completely understand your frustration with that. I apologize about the cleanliness issues that you experienced and hope that you were able to be call us to have housekeeping take care of those immediately. I also apologize about the miscommunication about the broken chair in the unit and will make sure the front desk clearly communicates this in the future. We do have 3 heated pools seasonally - the outdoor lap pool, the indoor pool and the lazy river. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a great one.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

In 2018, I wrote a review detailing the experience - which was awful. After that experience, I had determined that I would not come back. However, I thought that with the COVID break, most of the issues I experienced would have been addressed and that I would not be disappointed in a visit. Unfortunately, I was mistaken.

The first home we were given was TERRIBLE!
The carpets and rugs were filthy, looking as if they hadn't been cleaned since the home was built.
Almost every wall, including the baseboards, were in bad need of touch-up paint. There were marks, such as hand and foot prints everywhere and the kitchen island wall had long black streaks on it.
The toilets were scratched.
The pans were burnt and scratched.
The vents were dirty and rusted.
The white kitchen cabinets had black marks on them.
The lamp over the dining table had so much dirt and dust on it that it had a brown glow.
The air conditioning unit did not work, so it was warmer in the home than it was outside.

After bringing this to management's attention, we were moved to another unit, that was slightly better, but not by much: the biggest difference being that the air conditioning worked. However, there was one remote to be shared amongst three TVs, one of the dining room chairs was broken, the others very much used, and one night the unit lost power.

Either north beach plantation management or the unit owners need to update the internet pictures and be more honest about the state of these rentals. I am sure that there are individuals who will still rent these units knowing the true state of units, I’m just not one of them. I expect to receive what was advertised - and not be provided with a false representation of what my stay experience will be. If the pictures on the internet reflected the true experience I would have opted to stay elsewhere.

Disappointed Customer (yet again),

Room tip: If cleanliness matters - this is not the place for you.
1  Thank 279kieshal

Thank you for taking the time to stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize about the issues that you experienced. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping and maintenance to make sure that the issues were taken care of in both units. I hope that maintenance was able to take care of the issues while you were there effectively and efficiently. I will also pass this along to the homeowner. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a great one.

Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

Arrived at 3 pm room isn’t cleaned yet. Come back at 4 they say and this is what we come back to at 90 degrees outside. How is this professional management? Manager on duty Ms Vasquez completely rude and could care less at all the vacationers who were told to come back at 4 for our rooms. Here we are all waiting outside. Ms Vasquez was kind enough to remind us rooms aren’t ready at 4 pm, but that the check In process begins at 4p. Please provide a more professional customer service manager who knows how to provide good customer service or at least be empathetic to the influx of vacationers that were booked for rooms that were obviously not ready.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tropics1333
John Stephan, Guest Services / Front Office at North Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

I apologize for your experience checking in with us. I completely understand your frustration and I apologize for your wait. We had a heavy turnover day of check outs and check ins and apologize that some rooms were done a little after 4pm. I also apologize for any lack of customer service that you were provided that day and I will work with the front desk to improve this in the future. I hope the rest of your stay was a great one.