Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews an older hotel cleaned daily a wonderful place to stay cleaning staff the past years rooms were very clean rates vacation ocean roxanne walmart stove blast
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

I have stayed with the Gazebo Inn exclusively since 1997. The property is an older property that has been maintained very well. I have been completely satisfied with all of my stays, until today. I made a reservation the day before my arrival, paid in full, and was ready for another peaceful vacation. Upon my arrival, there was a gentleman pressure washing by the front doors. He greeted me with a smile and a welcoming "hello". He got me a mask to wear when entering the building, and explained that they were required within the building. I put it on and proceeded to the office to complete my check-in. This is where things went downhill fast. The "owner", Julie, started the process of getting my paperwork, and once again explained about the masks and I stated that I was fine with wearing the mask within the building. She walks behind the desk and stated that she was going to refund my deposit, which was not a deposit, the room was paid for in full, because things were not going to work out with me staying there. She then proceeded to blast me with vulgarities, telling me to get off of her property. I asked her what the problem was, which she responded to with another string of vulgarities, and tried to force me out the door. I refused to move until I got a valid answer as to why I was being refused service. She then stated that it was because she felt I was lying and would not wear the mask within the building. When I asked for a receipt for the refund she started another string of vulgarities, and refused. I left the building and stopped and explained to the gentleman outside what had transpired, and asked if he felt I had been cooperative. He said that I had done what he asked, and he didn't know what the problem could have been. He said he would check on the receipt and went inside to talk with Julie, and upon his return he proceeded to tell me that the motel was actually closed but they were trying to open it back up with limited customers. I asked if that's the case why would you take a reservation at a close property. He said they were trying to get open back up and we're having some difficulties. Then Julie comes out of the building, without wearing a mask, with my receipt where she had credited my account, started screaming profanities at me again and calling me vulgar names, at which point she refused to give me my receipt. She turned around and walked back in the building, only to turn around and come back out and start screaming at me again so I told her that's fine I will call the police I got my phone and started dialing. She waded the receipt up and threw it at me and said get the f*** off my property I'm not telling you again. The gentleman outside, at this point I realized was probably her husband, started calling her down and said that was totally uncalled for. After she went in he said that he was sorry that she had acted like that but things are really tense right now with this COVID pandemic going on, but that she should not have acted in that manner. So, the gazebo inn will never get another penny from me. As I said, it is a great little place to stay, it's always clean, the atmosphere has always been very welcoming, until today. So, good luck to what I am assuming is Julie's husband, you were more than kind and professional. With an attitude like she had I'm sure this place will be for sale before long.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Julie Marie, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Based upon the way you acted when you were in the office trying to check in, I am not at all surprised by your outrageous review. In fact, I have been expecting it. For those of you reading this review that do not know us, we are a small mom and pop family owned and operated hotel that has been doing business with many of the same folks since we opened our doors in 1991. We have a wonderful reputation and a very successful and thriving business. We have had the same employees for many years, and they like many of our guests have become like family to us. For that reason we made the very difficult decision to close down in July when our area became a major hot spot. We felt that it was impossible for us to offer our guests and staff a safe environment, and therefore decided to close until we felt it was reasonably safe to once again reopen.

Recently we reopened at limited occupancy to repeat guests with various policies and procedures in place to ensure that our guests and staff are able to enjoy the hotel in reasonable safety. We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel, we are continuously disinfecting common areas and the guest rooms with hospital grade products, social distancing is strongly encouraged, and the WEARING OF MASKS or FACE COVERINGS is now MANDATORY in all public areas inside the hotel. This includes the lobby, hallways, and elevator. We inform all of our guests of all of these policies PRIOR TO BOOKING. Most would agree that wearing a mask is a very simple and reasonable request, and in fact almost all have supported this policy and have stated that they would not be staying at this time if masks were not mandatory.

You were told about the MANDATORY MASK policy when you booked the day before arriving, and yet you arrived without a mask to check in. You didn’t even have a mask in your car which I found odd since not only were you told just the day before that you needed one, you also arrived from WV, a state where you must wear a mask pretty much any place that you go.

My brother and business partner (not my husband) came in and told me that you were here to check in, but that neither of you had masks. I gave him two so that you could come in and we could talk about that and get you checked it. When you came into the lobby you were very adamant about NOT wearing a mask on vacation. You made it very clear that you have to wear them at home and that you were tired of doing so and that your intent was to “get away” with not wearing one while you were in town on vacation. You let me know in no uncertain terms that you had already been to several businesses in town where you did not wear one, and that it was your intent to continue to “get away” with not wearing one any time that you could. You made it very clear that you are a loose cannon who has no problem putting others around you at risk as long as it doesn’t interfere with your good time. Fair enough. That’s your prerogative. We just don’t have to be acceptant of it here.

I told you that I certainly understand your reluctance to wear the mask. We are all tired of it and that it was certainly your right to choose not to, however it was our right to ask you to wear one on our property and that if you were not willing to do that, I would gladly refund your money in full. You became very aggressive and said that you were not going to accept a refund and demanded that I check you in. At that point I informed you that I was refunding your credit card in full and asked you to leave the property. You did in fact hold the door shut, which some would consider threatening but I have seen your type before and I wasn’t going to allow you to intimidate me. I can assure you and everyone else reading this that you would not have treated me the way you did had my brother been in the office rather than outside working. Many of us know your type well.

The bottom line is this. I wasn’t going to put myself, my staff, and other guests at risk because you were refusing to wear your mask. The $168 I refunded to you is not worth putting the people that I care about in possible danger because of your defiance. Hard working people that are just trying to put food on the table for themselves and their families should not have to put up with the kind of defiance and abuse that you were dishing out. You were refunded in full and asked to leave. The fact that you did not choose to leave quietly with your refund in your pocket was your choice and not mine. I am grateful to know that you have no intention of returning as you are no longer welcome here. Best of luck to you.

Reviewed 26 May 2020

I have never been to a cleaner or friendlier motel! the front desk is amazing but the cleaning staff are some of the nicest people on the planet! they do an amazing job in the rooms and they LOVE to laugh!!! we stay here about four times a year and our daughter call it our other house! we cant wait to see you again Gazebo family!!

Room tip: all rooms are FANTASTIC but we stay from level two and up because of the pool
Date of stay: September 2019
juliepT2068MK, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2020

The feeling is mutual, believe me! Thank you so much for your loyal business and continued friendship over the years. We greatly appreciate both and we are most definitely looking looking forward to seeing you once again at your “other house”!!!

Until then...
Sending love from the beach!

Julie

Reviewed 27 April 2020

The lady at the front desk who is part owner said she would reimburse me for a month in advance.Then she saidI need to get a lawyer, stayed here for two months and I saw alot of bugs.She has been rude to other guests

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jennifergY9447RB

Hello Jennifer. You have written several reviews about the same situation over the last year and a half. You were given an excellent monthly winter rate in the early winter of 2019, Unfortunately we had to ask you to leave after getting very aggressive towards other guests and staff on numerous occasions. It’s a shame that we are still having to defend our decision to protect our guests and staff over your desire to stay and continue to verbally abuse them. Our business is made up primarily of repeat guests that return year after year because we consistently offer clean, quiet, family friendly accommodations for a very reasonable rate. I regret that things did not work out for you here and I wish you the best.

Julie

Reviewed 1 February 2020 via mobile

I guess no matter what time of year the gazebo never disapoints. Just a weekend getaway with my husband. The only thing is it was cold. I can say we will be back in July if not sooner. Enjoy seeing all the families we have met over the years.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank reamy1123
juliepT2068MK, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, as well as for your loyal patronage! It is always so nice having you with us. We really enjoy seeing the same wonderful guests year after year, and we are always look forward to your next visit with us. It truly is one of the BEST parts of this business. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit again this time, despite the cooler temperatures. Next time we will do our best to order up some WARM weather for you! Hopefully you will be able to sneak in a visit with us again before July! Until then.....

Warm regards and SUNNY SKIES,
Julie, Rob & Gazebo Inn Crew :-)

Reviewed 13 January 2020

I am staying at gazebo inn now for the weekend and wanted to thank you guys Rob Julie Tina Joey Roxann and staff for making this a safe comfortable place to stay. Thank you for locking the doors at nite to keep people out thank you for posting rules every where and actually following up on them. I can come here relax and feel very safe. I come here 10 or more times a year and always have a very relaxing enjoyable time. Thank you guys for providing this old ancient hotel for us that love it and love you guys for all you do to keep us safe and comfortable. By the way all the rooms I stayed in had a flat screen tv. Thanks again guys.cant wait to come back again. E Hinson

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
juliepT2068MK, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Thank you for the great review Miss E! I LOVE that you LOVE our little "ancient" , safe & friendly place :-) I am sure that you have figured out that the last review was written by someone that we had to ask to leave due to his unacceptable behavior, and I do mean UNACCEPTABLE! Every now and then we run into one of "those" kind of people, and of course when we do, we run them out! I know that you and your family have been staying with us for years, and we greatly appreciate your business. I promise you that we will continue to strive to offer you and our other valued guests the clean, comfy, affordable and safe vacation accommodations that you have grown to expect from the Gazebo Inn. Thank you for making us your home away from home! We are looking forward to seeing you once again the next time that your visit Myrtle Beach. Until then....

Warm regards,