“Quant place, very good food”

Stone Soup Market & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Landrum
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Attentive, friendly wait staff. My friends enjoyed their thin crust pizzas. My pimento cheese sandwich was good but filling was thin. Good place for lunch.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Friends joined us for lunch and we had a great time. The atmosphere is lively but we contributed to it. I really enjoy the shrimp and grits with shitake mushrooms and spinach. The grits were creamy and the shrimp were cooked to perfection. Everyone else selected an off the menu daily special – either the chicken, pimento cheese, spinach wrap or the bacon, cheddar cheese burger. Both were enjoyed. The deserts are to die for! We shared a cake with lemon curd with fresh berries. Sadly, my diet only allowed me to have one bite. If you have more than four in your party, I suggest reservations.

1  Thank NCMstGardner
Reviewed 30 August 2018

One of the stores in downtown recommended this place for lunch, Big mistake. Service was SLOW. Place not that busy. Seated at a rocky table and then then surrounded us with noisy groups. Salads ok. Pizza a complete rip off. Paper thin with about 25 cents worth of topping on it for $13.+. Crust burned. Maybe we caught them on a off day but we will not return.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurants like this are why Trip Advisor is so helpful. The wife’s stomach was grumbling and we stopped at next exit in Landrum.
Roadside signs had limited offerings and we saw Stone just 1/2 mile from I-26.
We were happy to find a lovely cottage serving healthy very tasty food. Interesting equestrian theme. Great place to stop if gluten free is your choice. Burgers and salads were delish. Save room for sweet stuff

1  Thank Jwghmg
Reviewed 18 August 2018

This was our second visit to Stone Soup and we enjoyed everything about it. I ordered the shrimp tacos and my friend had the tomato pie. We sampled each other's dish, and they were both excellent! The tomato pie was flavorful, creamy and delicious and the nicely spiced shrimp in the tacos were so plentiful that they couldn't stay in the tortilla when I picked it up!
Our server Christine was attentive and friendly and we will certainly be back again- hopefully with room for some of the desserts that looked so tempting!

1  Thank Mary H