“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Landrum
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

One of the stores in downtown recommended this place for lunch, Big mistake. Service was SLOW. Place not that busy. Seated at a rocky table and then then surrounded us with noisy groups. Salads ok. Pizza a complete rip off. Paper thin with about 25 cents worth of topping on it for $13.+. Crust burned. Maybe we caught them on a off day but we will not return.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurants like this are why Trip Advisor is so helpful. The wife’s stomach was grumbling and we stopped at next exit in Landrum.
Roadside signs had limited offerings and we saw Stone just 1/2 mile from I-26.
We were happy to find a lovely cottage serving healthy very tasty food. Interesting equestrian theme. Great place to stop if gluten free is your choice. Burgers and salads were delish. Save room for sweet stuff

1  Thank Jwghmg
Reviewed 18 August 2018

This was our second visit to Stone Soup and we enjoyed everything about it. I ordered the shrimp tacos and my friend had the tomato pie. We sampled each other's dish, and they were both excellent! The tomato pie was flavorful, creamy and delicious and the nicely spiced shrimp in the tacos were so plentiful that they couldn't stay in the tortilla when I picked it up!
Our server Christine was attentive and friendly and we will certainly be back again- hopefully with room for some of the desserts that looked so tempting!

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I have been struggling with writing this as I do not like to be a negative Nancy. But my gf and myself were here for lunch last week and the area we were seated in flooded, the waitress seemed amussed by it telling everyone they might want to pick up their bags. The waitresses seemed nore interested in standing at the bar gossiping than waiting on their tables. You could hear the cook yelling in the kitchen he sounded mad about food sitting too long or something. The food was nothing to get excited over and not worth the prices. I had their so called famous tomato pie it was mushy and tasteless, my company had shrimp and grits it was aweful I have never seen such runny tasteless food. Not to mention the roach that crawled over my foot. What a shame as it is a beautiful building. I was wanting to have them cater a event i am hosting during WEG but I now will be searching for another place. My best suggestion to the owner get an exterminator if you have roaches in the dining room how bad is the kitchen.

Disgusted and won't be returning, I'll be letting the person who recommended stone soup know I have to assume she hasn't been there in sometime.

2  Thank sarahsponys1964
Suzanne S, Owner at Stone Soup Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

I am so sorry that was your experience. Obviously, it's not the one we wanted you to have. As far as flooding, we have a front room that was an outside patio and was enclosed. It was never design to be part of the dining room but used for overflow. The floor is made from outdoor pavers and unfortunately when we have extreme weather water does seep up through the pavers. Usually we move people to other tables so I'm sorry you were not moved. The chef should not have been yelling and I will speak to him about that. As far as our food is concerned I can only say the tomato pie and shrimp and grits are excellent and best sellers. I can not explain why you thought they were tasteless and mushy as they have great flavors. If you were dissatisfied with your meal you should have brought it to the servers attention and we would have been happy to get you something else. I do work with Nelon Cole exterminators on a monthly basis to make sure our environment is free from insects & bugs as well as rodents. As a professional I do my best to make every customer experience the best and do care that your time here is enjoyable and everything you hoped it would be so I'm sorry that was not your experience. It's helpful if you let us know at the time that you were dissatisfied and why- we would want to opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Customer service was great! Food was wonderful!
I highly recommend going here! Sitting outside is a must!

Date of visit: May 2018