“Typical Chinese reasonably priced”

Sun Ming Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Irmo
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The lunch special includes entree and soup or egg roll. I had the Kung Pao Vhicken. It comes with basic fried rice with egg. The service was prompt. The food was plentigu. but a little bland. You can order chili oil to make it spicier. This is a basic Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Was on trip back from a memorial and funeral when I drove east but decide to stop over night at my brother’s in Irmo, SC. I had never been here before and we went out for some food and he said they like Chinese. I do as well.
The food was delicious not the sweet variety you get in the fast food Chine food in NYC (hole in the food wall Types). It was a sit down restaurant with a big hall and more important gigantic portions of Beef and Broccoli, scrimp fried rice, white rice, egg rolls.
Need less to say we had left overs.
A great bight was had by all.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent, freshly prepared foods. Never disappointed. Whether takeout or dining in, Sun Ming has always delivered both excellent food and service.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I usually will not eat Chinese but I love this food! It’s super fresh and not loaded down with msg. The hot and sour soup has a nice zing to it too.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is not your typical run-of-the-mill, AYCE Chinese restaurant. First off, the restaurant is immaculate, well appointed, and has a full bar. The service was excellent and the wait staff very attentive throughout our dining experience. The menu has to be the most extensive and diverse in the entire Columbia area. The portions are exceptionally large, yet very reasonably priced. My wife and I started out with the Hot and Sour Soup - outstanding in every way. It was thick, flavorful, and just spicy (hot) enough to warm you up on a cold, wet night. My wife ordered the Shrimp Egg Foo Young. The order arrived with 3 very large single servings full of shrimp and their Sun Ming's special gravy - not the typical brown soy sauce type found in most restaurants. I ordered the House Hot Pot - a specialty dish that contains shrimp, scallops, beef, and chicken with vegetables and brown sauce. Usually the veggies outnumber the meat items in these type of dishes. But, that was definitely not the case with this dish. Pleasantly surprised! So many flavors and textures. Could easily be my 'go to' or favorite item on the menu. Both orders came with white rice, but you could upgrade to fried rice if you prefer. By saying the portions are huge, would be an understatement. I am a very big eater, but for one of the few times in my life, I had to ask for a to go box, as did my wife. While my wife consumed maybe half of her order, I was only able to eat about a third. But, that just meant I had 2 more servings that I could eat at home. To sum things up, there is not a better Chinese restaurant in the area. Kudos to the chef and the entire staff for a job well done!

2  Thank USPSretired