1,930 results
All reviews carolina room heavenly bed koi pond pool area ocean view covered pool self parking outdoor bar beautiful property hot tub housekeeping staff hilton head island lounge chairs off season oceanfront room the entire staff beach access
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Attended a conference at this property. The hotel check-in staff was extremely helpful – better customer service than most other places.
Entire staff was friendly and accommodating throughout my stay.
Good location and nice amenities.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear HbgSC,
It was a pleasure to welcome you to The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa during your conference. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed our hospitality. We work hard to create a comfortable and friendly atmosphere, so we are happy you experienced that during your visit. We also appreciate you mentioning our excellent location and exceptional amenities. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this beautiful hotel as part of a road trip from Texas to Florida. After a week on the road this was the perfect hotel to chill out in and take a breather. The beach location was perfect and we hired a couple of chairs from the beach hut at a great price for the day. We tried to upgrade to an oven view room when checking in but there were none available however when we got to our room we had a fab view of the ocean anyway! The room was lovely and beds were comfy. We used the outside bars and loved listening to live music there. Also managed to catch the meteor shower. Totally recommend. Super customer service. Would love to go back and spend more time there

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank slr009
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear slr009,
Thank you for the five-star review of The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to read about your fantastic stay during your road trip and how much you enjoyed our beautiful property. Thank you for mentioning our beautiful oceanfront location and your beautiful views from your room. We are also delighted you enjoyed our heavenly beds, our poolside bar with live music and we thank you for the recommendation to other travelers. We work hard to deliver a great experience for all of our guests so we celebrate reviews such as yours. Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for a few days. The lobby is gorgeous and so are the grounds. The rooms are very dated and hard to find. You walk down very long and windy corridors to find your room. Once inside, nothing is really upgraded.

The location for those who are like me and experiencing the island for the first time is FAR from the attractions. The Westin is at the end of the island. So, I spent so much money with uber driving to the restaurants and events.

I was also disappointed with the service. The restaurant staff at all the restaurants seemed tired and didn’t want to be bothered. Definitely recommend staff training on hospitality.

More kids activities would have been nice too.

I doubt I’ll book the Westin for next year.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Robin B

Dear Robin B,
Thank you for being our guest and for your valuable feedback. Please accept our apologies for not providing a seamless stay. We are disappointed to know that our dining staff did not provide the exceptional service we are known for and that you were not pleased with our location or our rooms. We do apologize for your walk to your room. We understand the inconvenience of this, but also know that this is what provides each room with an amazing view. Our goal is to provide every guest with an exceptional stay that exceeds expectations, and we are sorry this was not your experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will reconsider and give us another chance the next time you are in Hilton Head. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I had been to the Island many times, but, took family who had never been there. The fact that the hotel sits right on the ocean and has a selection of 3 pools, was important for the grand kids. The food from the Splash poolside restaurant was great! My daughter was feeling achy and I would have loved to have gotten her a massage, but they were pricier than we would pay at home. Our accommodations were great, but I rated the hotel a 4 for location. I would stay at something nearer the north end of the island.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We were staying on HHI for a few days, renting a villa near the Westin. I wanted to treat my daughter and myself to a high-end spa pedicure, so I booked the "Heavenly Spa Signature Pedicure" at the Westin.
We booked the high-end pedicure, whose description includes the words "heavenly", and "soothing". There was nothing heavenly nor soothing about our experience. The pedicure area is adjacent to hair salon and utility room - got a good look into the utility room on the way to the pedicure chairs. It was not a peaceful environment. The chairs did not recline and were very uncomfortable.
The service providers barely introduced themselves seemed put-out that they were called upon to do the pedicures. I would have liked an explanation of the various parts of the treatment, but none was offered. They were more interested in talking to each other rather than with us as customers.
After the mask was applied, the service providers just got up and walked away - no explanation of what was happening, or how long that portion of the treatment would last. Any chance of a peaceful respite during that time was interrupted by the need clean one of the nearby pedicure stations.
For the polish portion, the toe separators used were the absolute cheapest ones I've seen. I don't have perfectly straight toes, and the separators did little to keep them apart and not mess up the polish. We were not offered to wait in the pedicure chairs, nor anywhere else, to allow the polish to dry. Subsequently, 2 of my nails were ruined soon after I exited the salon.
No relaxation area, no robes, no drinks offered (not even water). All of these I've received at other spas offering a similar service. May as well have gone to a strip-mall nail salon for half the price.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank mittelst
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear mittelst,

We appreciate you choosing our Spa during your visit to Hilton Head, and we are sorry you were disappointed. Our focus is on the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, and we want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your Signature Pedicure. We take great pride in our Heavenly Spa, and the level of service that you described is not normal or acceptable. We will share your feedback with the appropriate individuals to ensure every guest receives the relaxation they deserve. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a more enjoyable experience in the future.