“First class dining comes to Greenville”
Review of Husk Restaurant

Husk Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Husk Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 974 Restaurants in Greenville
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We wanted to try the new Husk in Greenville as we are familiar with Husk in Charleston. We were not disappointed. The restored old building was done beautifully with seating on 2 floors. For a wide open space, the acoustics are good and we were able to carry on a conversation in spite of tables close by. We started with the oyster appetizer which was excellent. then had the shrimp and grits that were unlike any I have had in the south...WOW. Don't forget the spoonbread! Our server, Christie, was superb. Ask for her.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Unfortunately, this restaurant did not live up to the hype for me. Maybe my expectations were too high, as the Husk in Charleston has gained so much attention. I will say, the crispy chicken skins were DELICIOUS. And the pig ear wraps were also very good. I also loved the atmosphere and that they try to keep everything local. However, I felt everything on the menu was very overpriced for what you received. The chicken, kale and potato dish was over $30. At that rate, I would just spend an extra $15 and visit a nice steak house or go somewhere where I could get a meal with more exotic ingredients rather than pay so much for a chicken dish. It was not anything special and could easily be replicated at home. If you are going to charge those prices for Southern style food, then you REALLY need to elevate it and bring it to another level, which I did not see at Husk Greenville. I am still anxious to try the Husk in Charleston though, as I have heard it is a much different experience.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had looked forward to a Saturday night dinner at Husk for several months, but it was something of a disappointment, perhaps because it was just so over the top. With all the advertising and comment, we weren't sure just what to expect. The place is most attractive--they've done a fine job in converting an 1890s store into a pleasant restaurant. The elevator (we sat on the second floor) was inconveniently located behind the kitchen. Service was excellent, but it too was sort of too much--five young men to pour coordinated servings of broccoli soup seemed to be pushing dramatic boundaries. The food was quite good, although there are several places in town that have better shrimp and grits, and mentioning that the bok choy was from Easley again seemed more interested in making a statement than in preparing really tasty food.i

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

If you’ve not discovered Husk in Historic Downtown on Main St. Greenville, SC you should. Chef Sean Brock is a James Beard winner. Innovative preparation and absolutely delicious! Ask for Christy (server) to be thoroughly immersed into the delectable cuisine offerings as well as wine pairings. We loved the Sunburst Trout and Husk Fried Chicken. Wonderful dinner. Memorable evening! The downtown trolley stops right across the street, which is a real bonus. Enjoy!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with family to the new Husk Greenville location. Restaurant really focuses on local ingredients which are all listed on a board when you walk in. Food was excellent, had the oysters appetizer, trout, pork chop and vegetable plate entrees. Server was very knowledgeable. One issue is the price. Restaurant is expensive, perhaps a bit too high for the area.