“Will not $10 Gift Certificates”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #114 of 253 Restaurants in Florence
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I are retired. When the local radio station advertised $10 Certificates for Golden Corral, we jumped on it because we eat there regularly. We even influenced some of our friends to buy them. Last year we bought over $200 worth of Gift Certificates for Golden Corral, so you know we are loyal customers! Imagine our distress then this restaurant will not honor the $10 when we eat there. It is usually during "senior hours) and they only take off $7.49 of our combined meal, instead of $10. I would think that the management would honor the gift certificate if for no other reason than to maintain good will and honor what the customer thought he bought! And the management is NOT friendly at all. I'm sure they get lots of interstate traffic, but one would think they would want to keep a good local customer base especially since they're not the only restaurant in town! The certificate says "it must be used in its entirety"We were led to believe that its "entirety" was $10!! Not a happy camper!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed 12 January 2020

We have always enjoyed Golden Corral especially as a place to take our grandkids. The variety made it easy to please. TODAY was a huge disappointment! The menu selection was greatly limited to deep South foods. :P We travel a lot and normally there is consistency in the choices. The chicken pasta was gummy and cold. "Steak" was more like roast beef. Ugh. Flavorless! Brussel Sprouts and Fried fish were the only acceptable dishes. Desserts were a huge letdown. Chocolate from fountain tasted odd, Blackberry pie was just goo as was its crust. Lemon Meringue pie's custard was lumpy. WON'T be back to this G.C. ever again!

Date of visit: January 2020
TAGoldenCorral, Agency / Consultant at Golden Corral, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

We're sorry that you weren't delighted by your experience but we're listening and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 23 September 2019

The Golden Corral has a very large selection. I had the fried fish and a slice of pizza. The food was pretty good for the price.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2019

My wife and I ate here in June 2019. A very good meal for seniors and a bargain before 4 PM. I chose the seafood options, great!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

The food is good. However they let any age kids to get there food. I sat and watched kids from age around 6 go and mess around the food. Trying to reach leaning over food some dropped food on bar and picked up with there hands to put it back. No cooks are anybody said a word. One waitress actually went over to help. The dessert bar was disgusting food all over it.The cheesecake looked like kids had been over there too.
I have kids. I have grand kids. I would never let my kids nor grand kids mess over Buffett food. This wasn’t the kids fault. It is the restaurants place to make sure there food stays clean.
Good luck if you go. Hopefully there will be a manager on duty that will care.

Date of visit: July 2019