Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
US$139
Hotels.com
US$125
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centerwithin walking distanceblue marlingervais streetrestaurants and barsstate housevista areaparking lotcolonial life arenahotel is locatedusc campusstaff was friendlygreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm typically in Columbia twice a year for conventions. This past weekend it was the Nashicon anime convention at the convention center next door. I've been a repeat guest at the Hampton Inn Downtown Historic District because of its convenient location and the fact that I can count on consistently excellent hospitality whenever I visit.

For convenience, I selected a first floor room, 122, during the pre-arrival check-in process. This room is spacious and comfortable, with two queen beds, large flat-panel TV, refrigerator, and all the other expected amenities (except for a microwave, but the breakfast room microwave was literally across the hall.) The room was mostly in good shape, although the bathtub could use a refinishing. Beds were comfortable and there were no cleanliness issues - in short, the high standards that I've come to expect from this Hampton.

Breakfast offers a good variety of items, and the breakfast room is quite large and offers a variety of seating options. The hotel is doing some renovations of public spaces - a meeting room and the business center, I believe, but renovation noise is really only noticeable during the day. Service from the staff was excellent as always, and the hotel's convenient location is great for dining and events in the convention center. Be aware of the $12/night parking charge, and factor that into the room rate if you don't have another place to park.

The Hampton Inn Downtown Historic District has been my preferred Columbia hotel for four years now, and it's the combination of superior hospitality and ideal location that has me returning whenever I have a convention in town. It's the hotel that I recommend over any others in the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Oyuki A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Lgilman479,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home and constantly choosing us! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is great! Such an awesome location as well! I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast selections. The cookies waiting on me upon check-in were a welcome sight, too! I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Dear Mallory C,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

went up here to visit my family and also go to the concert that night which included keith sweat . hotel check in group was very nice . there was a hair on my bathroom sink but i bring clorox wipes to clean everything however it’s their job and it should have already been done . i was in room 422 and i had a view of the pool , world of beer , and some of the strip . tv in room is huge and is on a swivel so u can see it at any angle . i’d stay here again .

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Dear BiancaLH,

Thank you so much for your sincere review on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We do apologize about your room condition and definitely informing our staff about this for future stays! We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Broken appliance, no microwave, and didn't sleep comfortable. Hotel definitely need to be upgraded. Great location, lots of restaurants and clubs which is walking distance to everything. Just need to be cleaned better.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Oyuki A, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear lionsden647,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on our property. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. Microwaves are located in the lobby and in our 5th floor rooms, our apologies that you did not receive a microwave room! We will definitely take your feedback and improve in those aspects! Our sincere apologies. If there is anything else I can do please email me at your earliest convenience at oyuki.aceituno@hilton.com. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Clean, friendly workers, not enough parking. Don't move your vehicle once you are parked. That was my only problem with staying there. I do wish they served dinner because the venues along the street are bars. I had to go into one alone to get a hamburger. At least now I know to pick up dinner BEFORE I check in and put in fridge.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Gawgee1958,

Thank you so much for your sincere review on our property! We do appreciate you taking your time on providing us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our location was accommodating for you during your travels with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home! We do hope to see you again soon!