“Not my favorite”

Rodney Scott's BBQ
Ranked #87 of 968 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I LOVE bbq!

That being said I have high standards for bbq.

We arrived to find miss’s crabby pants behind the counter which started the tone for the visit.

Visiting SC I wanted to experience the whole hog SC style bbq.

The guy that walked around clearing tables etc was great, very helpful.

The food was not my favorite, I would have wanted more flavor and more tender meat, I got the pulled pork.on the good side there was not fat in it so it appears it was hand sorted.

My son got the ribs which had a stronger smoke taste but were quite salty, (he enjoyed the ribs at Boone hall farm restaurant better)

Glad we when to see what it was like but not what I would have expected.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were headed to a barbecue restaurant in downtown Charleston and we asked the Uber driver where the best BBQ spot in Charleston is. He said Rodney Scott’s, so we diverted our trip to that restaurant instead. Sure glad we did! It was awesome, and portions are very generous.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I went to Rodney Scott's BBQ on a Monday evening around 6:30 pm. We were very much looking forward to the pulled pork but unfortunately they had run out. I ordered the chicken sandwich which came with one side and my husband got the rib sandwich which came with two sides. The chicken was excellent and the ribs were very good also. The rib sandwich is three large ribs that come on two pieces of bread. You really can't eat it as a sandwich because of the bones. The dry rub on the ribs was excellent. We wanted the baked beans and my husband wanted the greens but they were out of those also. So we ended up with the fries, cornbread and coleslaw. The coleslaw was some of the best we've ever had. The fries were very good also - thin cut and crispy. The cornbread was very good and came with honey on top. Rodney Scott's is not a large restaurant. There were maybe 8-10 booths and one large communal high top table. There are several picnic tables outside also. Like I said - we were there on a Monday night and the place was packed. Plan accordingly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We first heard about Rodney Scott's BBQ when it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and we knew we must try it while we were in town. We have since been there on several occasions and it does not disappoint. The BBQ, as well as the ribs and steak sandwiches are excellent. I was also impressed with the side dishes, which are very very good. Although they are always busy, they manage it well and the service is always timely and friendly. DEFINITELY would recommend.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Came for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. This place is busy busy busy, but the line moves fast and tables open quickly as well. Step up - order - and find a table! Delicious whole hog pulled pork sandwich. The staff was efficient, and stopped by our table multiple times to make sure everything was OK.