“First class food and service”
Review of Mi Tierrita Okatie

Mi Tierrita Okatie
Ranked #41 of 207 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited for a late lunch and were not disappointed. This has to be one of the best kept secrets in the Low Country. Food is always excellent and prepared so well. The menu is pretty extensive and at a good price. You are made to feel welcome from the minute you arrive. Sal Jr., our server was, as always, excellent and really paid attention to all our needs. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here for a late lunch on St. Patty’s day to avoid crowds. We sat at the bar which was not busy. The bartender was changing kegs when we arrived, so we waited patiently. When she finished her task, the bartender waited on another couple at the bar who had arrived befor us. Then she proceeded to refill other patrons’ drinks without acknowledging that we were there. She finally served us our beers, and we ordered food.
I asked what kind of sauce they put on the tamale and she told me it was enchilada sauce, which I thought was a red sauce. The tamale arrived with a light brown gravy, which was very salty. The bartender disappeared, and a nice young man jumped behind the bar and served my husband another beer. He asked how our food was and I expressed my displeasure with the sauce. He recommended another sauce to try next time. The tamale itself was delicious after scraping off the gravy.
I put my empty beer glass away from my plate and toward the bar to indicate I wanted another beer. The bartender was more interested in restocking the bar with glasses. I waited and watched her because at this point it was comical. It was blatantly obvious that she did not want to be there, and did not care at all about customer service. She eventually asked me if I wanted another beer. My husband enjoyed the barbecue skillet burrito. We might try this place again because we have had better service when the bar was very busy. Maybe it was just an off day.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Great Mexican food. It’s hidden close to the food lion. Fast friendly service. Very reasonable prices. Best place we ate at in Bluffton. ! Several specialties. Even the rice and beans were delicious

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I ordered a pizza with 1/2 sausage and 1/2 mushroom. When I went to pay, they charged for two toppings; but it should have only been one topping. I asked for the manager and he said this is how they do it. He gave me $1.50 back this time, since I did not know.

1  Thank JimC_123456
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Sat at the bar on a Saturday afternoon, took ages to get menu, waitress disappeared and when reappeared showed only interest in regular customers...waited half an hour for bill...no FRESH salsa, stale chips,