“Great Ice Cream”

Helger's Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Tiverton
Reviewed September 9, 2015

Stop by you will not be disappointed ! Great service~lots of flavors to choose from. The Sundays are awesome too! Good size servings also.

1  Thank happytravlerR_i_

Reviewed August 10, 2015

Yes, I lifted the title from article in the Herald news from June 10, 2015. Since the article we've decided to hit each place on their list and this was the 2nd "new" place we visited.

I'm note sure how they got a "best ice cream" award when they don't make their own ice cream (they sell Bliss and Hershey's depending on flavor). Perhaps it's because they sell flavors like Mocha Espress Yourself. Let's see.. this was mocha ice cream with a fudge swirl and chocolate covered espresso beans. Yeah... that was a new flavor for me and it was delicious.

The price was very reasonable, we both got 2 scoops in a cup (she got a cone as well) for $7.00 and change. No complaints there. She commented on how creamy her ice cream was, and I finished mine first which doesn't normally happen. We both really enjoyed it.

There's plenty of room for cars, though it can get confusing when you're leaving (there's signs saying "this way" pointing away from the road), a few tables to sit at while enjoying your ice cream and the staff was really very friendly. Oh, and LOTS of flavors to choose from including hard, soft serve and frozen yogurts.

We'll be returning before summer is completely done!

Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

Recently popped by on two occasions with my son.
He got the excellent pbcookie dough and chocolate ice cream (twice) and I got the chocolate walnut fudge and peanut butter twirl vanilla frozen yogurt (added hot fudge topping!).
All tasted very Fresh and most creamy!
Chocolate walnut fudge a bit less so, but overall, tasty enuf to go twice in a short space of time! Few picnic tables... No great views and Definitely mosquitos when sun going down... But a great ice cream joint!

Reviewed July 30, 2015

This is where the locals go for ice cream. So many flavors to choose from, plan on getting a medium size cone, as it is larger than most other places serve.

Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed ice cream cones after a day of sailing! This ice cream comes in fine creative flavors, choice of cone types and/or cups. Soft serve combinations available too.

Taste first, then order. My vanilla soft serve was fine - yet my friend's mango sorbet was creamy fantastic!