Free cancellation until 07/28
US$70
US$110
Courtyard
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$119
US$149
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

Hotel Providence(Providence)
US$161
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
US$159
Hotels.com
Newhall House(Cranston)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroger williams parkbed and breakfasteggs florentineblueberry muffinscarved woodnext morningprovidence arearhode islandvictorian roomother gueststurn of the centuryempire roomthe formal dining roomhouse is beautifulthe main housejacuzzi tubhistoric mansion
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We arrived at the Edgewood Manor Bed & Breakfast at 4:20pm on Saturday August 18th, 2017 after a long rainy drive. We stood at the front door in the rain ringing the bell and knocking but no one came to greet us. We went to the side door and knocked some more but again, nobody. A quick once around to the back of the house and then back to the front for another round……..but still no one and by this time we were soaked. We could see the windows were wide open on the ground floor and throughout the house (which remained open throughout our stay). I called at 4:41pm and spoke to Andy who told me to go around to the side door as he provided a passcode to let ourselves in.
He said he didn’t have our cell numbers so he called our home but left no message. Check-in time is between 3-6pm. We had confirmed via email on June 29th our planned arrival at 3pm. Yet the call was on my caller ID at 3:50pm on our arrival day, even though our planned arrival was 3pm. Based on these circumstances it seems reasonable to expect someone would be there to meet us in person or at least have taped a note to the door.
We asked if there was going to be someone there and he said that the caretaker would be by later that night. Andy said he was going to upgrade us from the queen room we had reserved to the next level up which was a king room. We thought that was nice, hung up and helped ourselves to the king room.
Frankly, the upgrade to the Renaissance room is really no upgrade. Yes the bed is a king as opposed to a queen but it is the corner room with a small window air conditioner that sounds like a jet taking off. It is way too noisy to run and try to sleep and if it is off and there is someone on the porch of the house next door that is right under the window, it is like they are in your room. And while at first glance it appeared to be clean, but it was not. I can only attest to our bedroom as that is essentially the only place we could spend any time. As you’ll see from the attached pictures, there was mold in the shower, moving the settee cushion revealed months-to-years of neglect and several stains throughout the room.
We unpacked, wandered around the house a bit, but with no one to give us the history, any sort of information and feeling a little like intruders, we decided to go out. We returned a little after 10pm and again we had to let ourselves in. Once inside the side door and going toward the steps a bat flew at us. I screamed and took off one way and my husband the other. It came back darting from one end of the house to the other repeatedly, just over our heads. I screamed for help but we were the only two people in this entire house. We scrambled to our room and shut the door not being able to go down to the parlor to enjoy our night. We were captives in this little room. There are security cameras in the entrance way by the upstairs steps that I’m sure can verify the presence of the bat and our fright. Although there is obviously no one monitoring them!
We were awoken somewhere around 1:30am to the sound of a constant chirping which at first I thought was the bat in our room. It turn out to be the low battery alarm on the fire alarm inside our room over the door, a clear sign of neglect as batteries should be replaced at least annually for the safety of all guests.
By now we were sure there would be someone here to help us so we called out for help. No answer!!! At first we tried to ignore it but the alarm continued to increase in decibels and frequency. The ceilings are tall and we could not reach it. My husband wanted to look for a ladder but the bat was still out there. We don’t have bats where I live and the only thing I know is the warning that bats may carry rabies.
Finally, my husband dragged the nightstand over and stood on it to remove the alarm. Removing the battery alone doesn’t usually work since they have a capacitor which keeps the alarm chirping. He braved the bat and ran down the stairs to the parlor with the fireplace and put it on the table.
We tried to get some sleep but were awoken again a little after 6am by the people on the porch next door. They weren’t excessively loud. Just normal voices with laughter but the sound carries right into your room as that porch is almost directly under your window. The window AC unit prevents you from completely closing the window.
We were told on our arrival call with Andy that breakfast on this Saturday would only be between 8am and 9am. We were exhausted from no sleep but we decided to bite the bullet and get up and get ready for breakfast. That was the best part of our stay. The chef served yogurt with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs Florentine and two strips of bacon with a choice of orange or cranberry juice. It was fresh and tasty. Decaffeinated coffee is only instant.
When I told the chef our problems she suggested I call Andy again. We were only planning on staying one night with activities planned for the next day but were way too tired. When I called Andy I told him our problems and asked to stay another day (remember there was NOT A SOUL in the house but us). I said we would be willing to pay for that night but felt the first night should be free. He was not at all sympathetic and offered us a late check out. When I refused he told us to leave immediately as we would “not be happy”. So we left. Upon our return home I called the booking company and they called him. At this time he offered to give us back a whopping $20 and only if we wrote to him and asked for it.
What would it have cost him to make things right? Another breakfast? There was no additional room to clean or any person waiting to occupy the room. This was not the bed and breakfast experience anyone would expect.
This is a very pretty area with many beautiful homes in the area. The Roger Williams Park is beautiful. So much to see and you can do MUCH, MUCH better.
And if you want an awesome place to eat, check out Los Andes. Now that is what really good food and service is all about. Don’t forget to make reservations. They are always packed!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Frap
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The building is a well - restored example of Greek Revival architecture. Your stay is in a mansion, circa 1905, that is elegantly appointed with exquisite antiques and fabulous artwork. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast was fantastic. It is located very close to a well-known venue for weddings and parties, so convenient!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The B & B is beautiful it's like going back in time.
O was told it was built on 1905 and it feels like it with it's antiques and art . And the food was excellent . JOY your cooking reminds me of home and the blueberry muffins yumm.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This is a lovely B&B with some serious service issues. Upon checking in, the innkeeper who didn't identify himself as the innkeeper was confused about who were, how long we were staying and which room we should be in. He made a quick call to the owner Andy to sort it out. This is not the typical greeting that we have received when staying at a B&B. How about, " Hello, welcome to the Edgewood Manor Inn."
The occupancy was low, so it wasn't as if he was overwhelmed. This was the only time we saw him during our stay.
Shortly thereafter I was getting some water and another guest showed up to check in. She asked if I was a staff person. I helped her find the alleged innkeeper so that she could check in. She asked him about breakfast hours which are later than advertised. He was of NO help to her when she said that she would need an earlier breakfast. He could have told her that there was a great breakfast place just a short drive down Broad St.
So we were told that breakfast would be 8:30 AM to 9:30 Am which is not what their own room placards say. This was later than I liked, but what the heck.
Joy, the owner's mother, is a funny, pleasant woman who cooked breakfast which was definitely good. However, she half kiddingly asked how long we were staying and that the third morning that we were to be there, she had hoped to be off. REALLY??
I heard about her painful,swollen feet which I felt badly about. How could I ask this woman to tend to our room? At this point, we were the ONLY guests.
In the library, the same plate of stale cookies sat for at least 4 days. Things were not re-stocked. My used tea mug stayed untouched for 3 days until I re-used it and brought it up to our room. When I addressed this with the owner, he made excuses, and commented that we were the only guests at one point. WRONG ANSWER
This is not the service I expect from a B&B. I pay premium price for a certain level of service. I could have easily chosen another of many other places in Providence area.

Room Tip: The room we had was tiny with a small bathroom, ask about the size before you book.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank smurawski
Edgewood Manor I, Owner at Edgewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thanks for staying with us and we have to respond to your review with surprise particularly when Junior our innkeeper introduces himself to everyone as the innkeeper and carried all of your luggage upstairs for you do graciously and gave you great recommendations of what to see and where to go in the area . He recommended Roger Williams Park down the road for you which you loved and was extremely helpful to you upon arrival . He was not sure of your last name because of the way you pronounced it to him so he called me to confirm and wanted to get it right. Also Joy did take care of you each morning for breakfast and never told you about any swollen feet she never had or has had swollen feet maybe you were confused with another inn or possibly your own swollen feet which might have occurred after your short bicycle ride in to the park which you could not complete and had to send your husband home to get the car to pick you up !!! Really 3 miles in the park !!!! Seems like you might have had the swollen feet . Any ways sorry about your tea cup we had several other tea cups that were clean that you could have used and we did notice the several you left up in the room each day .

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Just 2 hours before checking in, I received a text from my sister to call Andy the owner- asap. He lost our reservation and had no room for us. My record of text correspondence (a month earlier) said otherwise. He got extremely defensive and started questioning my cc charges, claimed he "overbooked" but would cancel another guest to "make room" for us if I agree to paying an extra $100 a night for an extra person in our party. When I calmly asked for an explanation about the additional cost, he refused to give me the room! I had to apologize to keep him from hanging up on me.

Since my sister and I made arrangements to keep our kids together, I felt abused by his process and pressured to agree to his terms. Otherwise, I would have not stayed there.

Upon arrival, we were put in old detached boarding rooms, with broken heaters. The inn keeper would not give us access to the Manor after his departure (6 pm) so we had nowhere to gather and could not enjoy the livingroom space with other guests. It was isolating and inhospitable.

In the morning they opened the doors and let us in, fortunately the ladies at breakfast were kind.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank Deborah C
abbeygrill, Manager at Edgewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

This guest never confirmed her reservation she was to get back to me with the number of people coming with her. The price is dependent on that and she knew this . Well I got a call indicating she had four people with her for three nights . I had to scramble and find her a room last minute and was able to do so. Her sister switched rooms with her as well so she would have two beds . Also talking with her sister her sister indicated to me that she was very unorganized and she was not surprised that her sister had not confirmed with me prior to calling me last minute before she arrived with two extra people for three nights. I was lucky to switch a room around and accommodate her .