“Views can’t justify service this bad”
Review of The Beach House

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Beach House, casual family friendly restaurant, serving contemporary American cuisine as well as typical New England favorites. Perfectly located along the East Bay bike path overlooking Bristol harbor
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

In fairness I can’t review the food, since the service was so bad we left without eating. Ate here a couple of years ago and I feel like it was pretty good? And the views are gorgeous, which is why we returned today for my mon’s birthday. Big mistake.

Waited 35 min to be seated despite having a reservation and being told it would be 10-15 min. No apology. Noted on reservation it was a birthday celebration. When finally seated, asked to sit in one of the outdoor “bubble pods” as one was available and it had gotten quite a bit colder outside while waiting (reservation was for outdoors due to Covid and made for early evening to accommodate for it getting chilly by the water in the evening). Was told no, pods had to be reserved specially. Asked how, as you can only reserve indoor or outdoor seating. Told by unfriendly hostess that it was based on who booked the time first (I booked a week in advance when there were ample times available, but OK). Sat for 10 minutes, freezing, during which no one came to wait on us, no one was seated at the table we requested, and presumably lots of other people waited past their reservation time while a premium table remained empty. Left angry, without eating, and found somewhere else to celebrate my mother’s birthday. Will not be returning, as they clearly do not care about accommodating guests or customer service. Please note that I almost never leave reviews, but this was the worst experience I can remember having at a restaurant in years.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (209)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great views. Food was good. Service was horrible. Took more than 2.5 hours for lunch. Waitstaff was not attentive nor apologetic for the delay.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 10 November 2020

On a warm afternoon after cycling the Bristol-Provenience bike path, we noticed the cute outside section of what appears to be a restaurant that had been rebuilt or renovated since my visit 6 years ago. As the sun was stating to set we decided to give it a try. The food and service far exceeded any of my expectations. What a friendly inviting place this is. I will be a must on my next visit to Bristol..

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Charlie B
Reviewed 13 October 2020

I'm gonna give this one a solid 4 stars. It's not 'outta-this-world' food. But everything we ordered was fresh, well prepared, tasty, and priced about what I would expect to pay for waterfront dining in a beachy New England touristy town. For view and atmosphere... the place definitely gets 10 stars, you really can't beat it. It is even located on the bike/walking path so if you want to take a leisurely stroll after dinner along the waterfront (and maybe get some ice cream) it's perfect. We spent the day on the bike path and ended with dinner & cocktails which was also a perfect agenda :). My daughter & boyfriend (who are both locals, and apparently the locals don't recommend this place because the previous few owners had lots of issues)got the salmon. They both admitted the overall experience and food was better then they expected and were pleasantly surprised. I had the seafood Arrabbiata it was good & took home leftovers from the large portion size. My husband had the scallops they were nicely seared with mashed potato' - his would have been a little nicer with 5 scallops instead of 4. Service was good, wine list ok and priced as expected.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 8 September 2020

Decided to make a late lunch reservation for a first time visit. Was seated on time and everyone was very pleasant and upbeat. Place was busier than I expected but still very attentive and friendly. We ordered a pitcher of the red sangria and the fig and prosciutto flatbread as an appetizer. The flatbread was excellent! I thought the sangria seemed a tad watered down but did the job on a lazy sunny afternoon. We ordered a salmon entree and the cavatappi with chicken for main courses. Both very good! Overall great first experience. Atmosphere was perfect...and fun. Everyone we encountered was pleasant. Definitely worth the visit and will return again.

Date of visit: September 2020