Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Little supervision, fun time (comprehensive review)

Reviewed 5 June 2020
colesmith2002
My daughter's favorite place

Reviewed 26 January 2021
Pghfamilytravels
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

All reviews his life every summer counselors cafeteria skates pa blast
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2021

Exceptional experience. Its a home away from home for my daughter. She has gone with her gymnastics team for many years starting at age 9. The setting is gorgeous and and the gymnastics facilities are fabulous. The staff and programs are well organized. There are tons of non-gymnastics activities such as horseback riding, zip lining and go carts. Its a great combination of sports concentration and typical summer camp. The food options are good with a cafeteria, grill, smoothie and coffee shop. The large cabins are comfortable and fun for team bonding. One caution....I would not send my daughter alone. I would recommend at least a small group of girls to go together. The kids mostly pick their own schedules for the day, so there is no guided supervision until cabin check-in at night. There are always staff keeping order, but your child must be independent enough to plan their food, activities and practices for the day. My daughter always had her team and coaches for supervision. She even went in 2020 in the middle of the corona pandemic. Woodward did a great job and the girls had a blast.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank Pghfamilytravels
Reviewed 11 September 2020

I went to Woodward every summer from 1995-1999 and then went back in the fall of 2019 for the inline only WYII event and am headed back next weekend for the Inline Reunion event. Every moment that I have been at Woodward has been a dream come true, even now at 40 years old. I hope to take my kids when they're old enough.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 5 June 2020

I used to scooter. I have been to camp three times and have had VERY different experiences. The facilities are like no other. Unfortunately they do very little maintenance and some areas of the wooden parks are rotting a little bit (as of a few years ago).
The staff is very hit or miss. My first year I went with my brother. My awesome counselor injured himself on the first day, and we received the most disgusting, rude, disrespectful replacement. My mom actually picked us up a day early. We told staff what he had done and he was apparently fired on the spot. So at least response to complaints was good.
My second and third year were completely different. The counselors were good and I was with my brother and friend. It was probably the most fun week of my life. There was little to no instruction, but most kids just want to use the facilities anyway.
For meds, you have to remember or you don't get them. For younger kids this could be a HUGE issue.
Meals aren't announced, but it's easy to remember times (and each meal time is like two hours). The food is pretty good, and you can buy snacks in the shop. There are also a lot of places to get smoothies, coffee, etc.
Camp Woodward is such an amazing, fun place, but you need to have a responsible kid. Staff lets kids try things they clearly are not capable of and there is little supervision. I would recommend your kid having at least one friend to go with them.
I still had the time of my life.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 26 January 2020

My 11 year begged me to go. I have a large family and $ is tight.(no diff. than 1000s of families) Some how we got it done..Thanks to camp Woodward My son has had the time of his life. He had a blast and a half. He loved the people , staff, kids, food, pool. Its been 6 months now and he is still talking about this Great experience. I highly recommend Camp Woodward.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank rocknrollchris2
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

First person who met at Woodward in Playa Del Carmen at the Hard Rock was Alex a coach there. She showed me around and even after her shift ended she cruised the park and totally rips!! She made my experience there amazing!!

Date of experience: October 2019