“Jackpot”
Review of Mohegan Sun Pocono

Mohegan Sun Pocono
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our night started w/ Happy Hour at Ruth Chris. We had a hand crafted Cherry martini & orange citrus Mojito. We were quickly seated in the dining room & had the Chef’s meal which included appetizer, dinner, signature side & dessert. We enjoyed everything except the tomato & crab soup. It tasted more like a pasta sauce. After dinner we did some gambling. No we were not big winners but we did not lose anything:-) During our time on casino floor, we misplaced our dessert. The Casino staff could not have been nicer. They took my daughter to all the places we had stopped. When they couldn’t find it, they gave her a new one. We would recommend Mohegan Sun for a fun nite out.

1  Thank PepperLaurel
in 14 reviews
"gambling"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I smelled smoke as I walked in the hotel. If you are not allergic to smoke and are gambler it is a great place. My nose and eyes burned the 18 hours I was here. They had a filtration system but you could still smell smoke. They had a lot of nice restaurants. The rooms were okay. The staff was pleasant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This review is from the perspective of Gambler visiting to attend the Horse Racing event at Pocono Downs. I rated this experience poor in comparison to the other tracks in PA. Accessing the racing/casino complex is easy, but parking was horrendous, took us almost a half hour to find a spot. We ended up about a half mile away from the entrance on top of a hill. Luckily for us, there is a bus running to the Casino entrance. The Horse Racing parlor has a clubhouse area, where you have to pay to enter, 25.99 per person, and you receive a buffet dinner as well. The buffet food was a good variance of salad, turkey, beef, fish, and fried shrimp with sides of green beans, carrots, potatoes and ziti. The hot food was not hot, the turkey was actually cold, We did not receive beverage service for a half hour, and only after I inquired with the staff on how to get drinks. The Harness Racing area does not draw a big crowd, the window tellers are friendly, the track is well maintained and the racing is fine.

My overall impression based on attitude of employees and the decor of the facilities is that they want to portray a atmosphere of elegance, make you feel like you are wonderful, at an extremely overpriced venue for what you receive.

I did not visit the Casino or stay in the hotel. I will not be visiting this track again due to the quality of parking and food service.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

My wife and I love to stay at casinos. The rooms are clean, prices fair, and the lots of restaurants. If you don't want to leave the building to find food or entertainment, then a casino is for you. I wanted to ski Montage mountain, so my wife found the Mohegan Sun on the Internet. We had visited their other casino, so we knew this was a top notch place. We arrived early, so we dropped the luggage with the bellman and headed to the casino. I quickly found my favorite video poker machines and free drinks started rolling my way. A wonderful meal at their sushi bar,and soon the room was ready. A great room,big and quiet with new decorations. The bathroom was well designed and well lit. The only issue was parking in the self-park lot across from the hotel. The valet area was always crazy busy and took too long to get our car. The self lot is located up a hill and a fair distance from the hotel. A parking garage or seperate hotel valet would be very appreciated. The room rates were fair (though I hate "resort" fees) and there were no issues with the bill. If we are back in the area, I'm sure to stay here again.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Rooms were small but nice. We stayed in a luxury king. The rate for a Monday night was pretty reasonable at $119. Booked it though their website.
Bathroom had a large shower. However, to turn the water on, you had to step inside of it. I like to let it warm up first. The bathroom also had a motion sensor light. So even walking around in the room would set it off.
I didn’t sleep well. The bed felt comfortable but was very high off the floor. I had to jump up into it.
On Mondays & Tuesday’s the buffet is closed leaving very few other sit down breakfast options. We ate at Johnny Rockets and Molly O’Shea’s during our stay. Good food and nice staff at both.
The casino has both non smoking and smoking sections. A ton of slots. Unfortunately, the table game I play is only located in the smoking section.
I enjoyed the time spent playing. Both other players and dealers were very friendly.