All reviews provence room old victorian front porch massage room coffee tea spent two nights casserole private porch my husband and i bed and breakfast first floor downtown area b bs pa grand canyon both mornings other guests jesse
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed in the Provence room. This is the only bedroom on the 1st floor, which is right off the common living room (our 2 prior stays were in the Pyrenees room, upstairs). This was a quiet weekend getaway, with only 1 other couple in the house. As we entered, freshly baked sweetbread and cookies awaited, along with coffee/tea/water available. The location can't be beat, only 1 block away from the heart of town. The room decor (and that of the house) has been "decluttered" from prior years/owners. Laura Lee has it very tastefully done now. The presentation of the room is top notch, and everything was thought of. Have to comment on the old school charm and grandeur of nearly everything in the room - the closet light that comes on as the door opens, the brass shower door, heated bathroom floor tile, and also the furnishings and bed linens - you can't build new places like this. Oh, we loved the massages too! Only constructive criticism is that the room was too warm - had to crack the window (problem solved)...

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018

My husband and I treated ourself to a weekend away to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The room was romantic and cozy with modern amenities. Jesse and Laura Lee were warm and generous hosts. However the absolute best part was the couples massage. I would highly recommend that you treat yourself while you are there. You can get the massage at the spa, which is a couple blocks away, or right there in the B&B. It was to die for

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

When we arrived the weather was very cold. Was
Ready to get inside and get warm. Well not very
Warm at all. Our bedroom was very cold, the
Radiator cold. Would have thought they would turn
The heat on knowing we where coming. Bathroom
Was very nice. Plenty of towels,soap,shampoo.
Breakfast was ok,nothing to rave about.pretty much
French version of food.owners are pretty much
Absent. No one to great you,I guess spoiled from
Other B&B we visited. House is very old and showing its age. Guess the winter takes its toll
On the house. Average

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank tinkerman
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Went here during Dicken's Weekend in Wellsboro. The inn has a very convenient location with off-street parking--a definite advantage during the busy weekend. Rooms are comfortable including the common areas. Breakfasts were ok if you arrived when 1st available, but later on, the warming trays weren't sufficient. The individual coffee cup maker was a nice touch, but there was only one cup of each flavor. We never met either of the owners one of which I believe served us coffee. Not a very friendly atmosphere which is atypical of most B&Bs. Even the other guests kept to themselves. There is a massage room, but it seemed out of place and I am not sure if anyone used it.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 2nd floor. 1st floor room is next to the kitchen
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Jesse R, Owner at La Belle Auberge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Greetings. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am sorry I didn't have the opportunity to meet you as I was traveling for work. It was my husband, Jesse that served you breakfast. La Belle is a true treasure for us and we strive to create a sanctuary for our guest and truly enjoy being innkeepers. My husband and I also own a three story full service spa called Emerge Healing Arts & Spa just a few blocks from La Belle and we are both massage therapists. We have integrated an in house couples massage room for guests on premise for their convenience. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for where we can make improvements. -Laura Lee Robinson

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My spouse & I travel extensively and prefer to stay in B & B's or inns...we just love & appreciate the interaction between the innkeepers & their guests. It's the best way to learn more about local places to see, restaurants to visit, and things to do. We were expecting the same from La Belle Auberge, but that (unfortunately) never happened.

A week or so prior to our stay, we received an email from La Belle Auberge, letting us know where would find our key upon check-in. We easily found it the day that we arrived, but were a bit surprised to also find a letter that included the policies of the inn, plus directions to our room. Really??? No one to personally greet us?

Once we were in our room, we discovered another framed info sheet about La Belle Auberge, so we knew immediately where we needed to drop off our key when we left the inn at the end of our stay.

We are fairly sure that one of the owners refreshed our coffee cups during our first breakfast....... yet there was no introduction from him, no asking how our stay was, etc.. Even more odd!

The breakfasts were appreciated, for sure. We were always one of the first couples to enjoy the breakfasts at their starting time of 8 AM, but even then, we found that the foods that were placed on their heating tray were not as warm as they should have been, so I can't imagine what those entrees were like for later-arriving guests. The LBA staff might want to address this issue. Another concern.....I had emailed then prior to our stay to let them know about a food allergy that I have, only to find that the fruit that creates my problem was served both mornings.

We must say that this B & B has a wonderful location......close to the Green and the downtown area. Our room was fine.......we enjoyed the electric fireplace in it.

Our whole visit, though, would have been much more enjoyable with personal contact from SOMEONE from the B & B. There was signage there........."Enter our home as a stranger and leave as a friend".........trust me, for us, it never happened! With all the kind, friendly local people we met during our stay, it's a shame that we didn't get get the same feeling from La Belle Auberge.

Stayed: December 2017
Jesse R, Owner at La Belle Auberge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at our Inn. I am so sorry we did not meet your expectations. As you suggested, we have found some great new heating units for our breakfast buffet with lids. It is a hard balance to keep food warm for an entire hour and not have it get overcooked and dry. We hope this new system will be better! We appreciate your feedback. Our self-check in procedure has worked well for us to accommodate a wide variety of check in times for guest convenience. Although we wish we could have someone on premise at all times, unfortunately it is not realistic for us to have staff daily from 3 pm onward for guest check ins. We do have a new texting system for arriving guests to inform us of any food allergies the day of arrival. Although criticism is difficult to hear for anyone that loves and savors their business, there is always room for growth. Your feedback has been valuable and given us the opportunity to improve. We hope in the future should you choice to stay with us, you will leave as a friend. Warm Regards and gratitude for taking the time to review us. -Laura Lee