Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,651 results
All reviews ivory coast water park all ages lazy river convention center double cut indoor waterpark african queen suite great karoo life guards wave pool african theme swim up bar arcade area escape room hot tub a lot of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Never go there in the snow!!! We happened to be there on a snowy day. I left the kids in the lobby and rushed to my car because we didn't have proper clothes for snow. It turned out that my car was deep in snow. They hardly cleaned the main roads but did not bother about parking lots. I was running knee deep in snow in sneakers. My feet was frozen. I hopped in the car and called the hotel asking for help. The car was half dug in snow. They told me they don't offer this service. So here I am on Kalahari parking lot deep in the snow, my kids are waiting for me in the hotel by themselves, and kalahari resort can't help us. Hello! I am on your premises, I paid 425 per night, and you just don't care. To my luck there were two very nice gentlemen who helped me out as much as they could. I drove for couple meters and got stuck in the snow again (because again they didn't clean the parking lot almost at all). I left my car and rushed to the hotel. An employee was already with my kids. My kids don't need help in a warm lobby. He was wandering around with my kids pretending he was busy working?!? instead of really helping customers. If you think he was somehow concerned about the situation,noooo. He kicked!!! my kids and me out of the hotel stating one can't leave children unattended (I didn't know your lobby is that dangerous for the kids. Thks for advice, Kalahari). My 3 kids in sneakers and no jackets (as I was planning to pick them up at the entrance) are running knee deep in the snow to the car (a 4y.o. even deeper in the snow). Oh, forgot to mention the useless employee gave me a shovel. Thanks God, there was a nice gentleman near the car. He took the shovel, told me to take care of the kids and dug me all the way to the main road. Thank you very much. God bless you. Shame on you, Kalahari. It is in Pennsylvania, not florida or cali. It snows there. You don't kick kids in sneakers and no jackets outside in the snow! Shame on you.

2  Thank Odyssey50885944404
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is probably my 4th time here in the past 5 years. This was the first time during Covid. We got a 3 bedroom suite since we were with another family. Thought it was a great size and loved that it had 3 bathrooms.
We arrived at 10am on a friday and I was so impressed that our room was ready and they let us check in. Unfortunately when we got into the room, there was a big stain on the carpet that resembles poop or puke. Also the one fridge was filled with spilled milk and it had a rotten smell. We immediately called the front desk and they graciously changed our room immediately without any question.
Once in the waterpark, we were allowed to keep our masks off. It should be noted that the bar and food areas are closed for picking up your own drinks or food. You must sit at a table with a number on it to have a waitress take your order.
This didnt affect us since we got a cabana. This was the first time we got a hot tub cabana and boy was this awesome! Its so worth the money to have your own private hot tub in the cabana with you. Morgan, our waitress was amazing. She was there with drinks and food all day. Like typical waterpark food, it was not good, just stick to the pizza.
I see alot of people leaving bad reviews about the cleanliness of the rooms and yes i agree after seeing our first one. I understand the rooms are expensive but that price also includes everyone in the room access to the waterpark all day and night.
But at the end of the day, my kids love the waterpark and the arcade. So we will absolutely go back and always get a cabana.
Mask policy was very easy to handle

Room tip: close to the elevater and get a cabana
2  Thank N42429180
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just came back today I went for 2 nights it was my worst nightmare my kids skin was burnt from the chlorine bec it was too high I went the first night they said that it’s not true and I should wash it for them and put cold wet towel on it they didn’t sleep from their pain then again the second day we came up from the water park their skin was bloody red and hurting like crazy I took them down again the EMT saw them they said not true not from chlorine just put this cream and they should be fine nooo they weren’t fine again they were crying for a second night no sleep and our bathing suits was ruined from the chlorine and when we complained they said go to Walmart buy new ones that’s in the middle of snow storm we got snowed in I had enough and wanting to leave early morning check out I wasn’t enjoying it my kids in pain I didn’t sleep for 2 nights I went to the front desk I need help digging my car out their is 3 feet of snow on the ground they didn’t care they don’t help you dig ur car and plus they don’t even clean their parking area they cleaned for new people coming in but not people need to leave that’s when a lot of guest had enough and they start helping each other the get their cars out everyone was so angry that they even have to clear a path to go out of their property they even lied that the roads r really bad trying to convince everyone to stay longer by offering the same price u payed not even cheaper price but guess what we didn’t listen and we left the roads was cleared out once u leave their property I won’t go back again worst place horrible service and the rudest worker plus chlorine tooo high and we told them we will write a bad review they didn’t care nightmare of a trip I called when I got back to complain to their supervisor they said someone will call and guess what no one called they just don’t care

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank Suttonstella
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for one night on Jan 23 for our son’s 9th birthday. We reserved a King suite with a jacuzzi. We arrived and the front desk woman told us we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite! We were so surprised. The 3 bedroom suite was absolutely beautiful! I have never stayed in such a nice place! My son enjoyed the water park and arcade very much. The food was great too. We will definitely be going back. Thanks Kalahari!

1  Thank dmh123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm shocked with how poorly this place is allowed to run. Seems more of a mgt issue. We had really high hopes coming there to have fantastic service. I was even willing to let one or two things go but the little things kept piling up. When we arrived I waited for my wife to check and when she came she said the check person was kind of rude. I didn't think anything of it maybe she was just being over dramatic. She said he was short with her and annoyed to answer her questions. But everything that happened next makes me believe this guy was either terrible at his job or just really in a salty mood. He told my wife to go all the way to the end of the building to get to our room. I drove all the way down there and parked. Went in and no luggage carts anywhere to be found. We have 2 kids one of which is a new born. So I have to send my wife up with me dragging a mess of luggage to elevator. Failure by mgt to ensure employees to bring luggage cart on a regular basis to where customers need them. I finally get up stairs and start following signs for room. I walk FOREVER! to get to my room. It was apparent that my room was no where near the end of the building. I was in pain, no joke a lot of pain with muscle cramps from dragging luggage. Here's the kicker, when we left room to go to water park. We were right above lobby. THE LOBBY that had luggage carts galore and much less walking to bring my stuff up. Failure again mgt to make sure your employees are properly trained to tell people the best info to get to the room or to make sure you're not keeping snarky teens employed. This did not sit well with me. I'm still fuming over this. I walked forever. Next up we leave the water park and dry off. My calls Front Desk to ask where to eat. Person there told her everything was closed except pizza place. I though it was odd because it was early. We go down and on the way down I notice the grill is open. I go there and they said everything should be open. We ended up eating at Italian place. Again, failure by mgt to properly train employees or monitor them to make sure they actually know what they're talking about. We go to restaurant and ask for table. Guy says yes as half the restaurant is half empty. Then takes a phone call forever, during call another person approaches and we ask for a table. He says they're all booked up and we need a reservation. This guy didn't back down when we said we were just told we could get a table. We look at guy on phone and he has to nudge hostess there who took us to our table. Just odd all around and again poor mgt on such big miss communication. 1 employee swears your booked when you're really half empty and yet the other can seat us. The breakfast buffet was the only food enjoyed a little there. For dinner the next night, I am absolutely disgusted at what was served to me. Really just hot garbage. The worst food I've had in years, no joke. I didn't even finish more than half of it nor did the waitress even acknowledge the fact that my food wasn't eaten when she took it. It was like she knew that dish was terrible and just removed it. I got the nashville hot chicken sandwich. It was so bad I dont ever want another one from anywhere ever again. It tasted like a burnt turd. I couldn't get the burnt salty taste out of my mouth for hours. On top of that I brought an overpriced adult shake that had no alcohol in it. Not even a drop. My wife is super sensitive to vodka and she tried it to nothing. Also, shake was subpar at best. Even the marshmallow sucked. Terrible. Again the worst food I've eaten ever. I would pay twice as much to eat my college campus food again. Even more insulting to the fact that they won't even acknowledge the fact its terrible. I should have known better simply by the fact they have to brag about their world class dining experience. I could add a few more things in here but just going to end with one more. When leaving there were tons of luggage carts overflowing by the door I came in from. No joke mgt sucks they don't even bother to correct the basics. There were so many carts it meant no one was checking cart situation for hours. They probably just come out once a day and round them up. The reason they got 3 out of 5 is just the facility it's self. Water Park is good over all other than I couldn't get one chair. Even when I asked someone and showed how some people would have 20 chairs hoarded that they will never use all at once no one was able to bring me a chair for myself, child, wife or baby. Really a let down. I would have made due with one chair.

Room tip: Get one close to an entrance.
4  Thank WardBWell
Kristann Hartley, Marketing at Kalahari Resort & Conventions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

The disappointment in your stay is evident . I apologize that we did not meet your expectation but also our own. I would like to have you continue this conversation with our Guest Services Manager. Kindly email PAConnect@KalahariResorts.com, include your reservation #, email address & phone # as well as reference your Trip Advisor review. Thank you, we look forward to connecting soon.