“Can’t imagine a more delicious breakfast. ”
Review of Cafe Moulin

Ranked #100 of 2,125 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Neighborhood: Shadyside
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tried this cafe for a late breakfast and wow was it a good choice. I wasn’t sure because the dishes were different than my normal breakfast choices. Have never tried an omelette in a crepe before and it was unbelievably delicious. The atmosphere is open, clean and relaxing with big windows and natural light. Can’t imagine a better breakfast.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch while wandering on the Walnut Street strip a few days ago. It has been a few years since I had crepes and Cafe Moulin does them justice. It was lunchtime so I stuck to a savory crepe which was very nice. We are not in Shadyside very often but we will make it a point to stop in here again and try some of their other offering. Very good crepes!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 7 February 2020 via mobile

We visited for breakfast and was politely greeted and seated quickly. We were impressed with the selections from omelets to crepes, and "toasts". I had a difficult time choosing between the Posh or Lox Toast. Don't be fooled by the name. Much more than a piece of toast.

I decided on the Lox. Served on ciabatta, lox, cherry tomatoes, creamy dressing, a fried egg, and onion. Wow, super flavorful and filling. I loved it. The toast was accompanied by a mixed green salad with an outstanding dressing. Both accompanied well. My daughter had the Caprese Toast and was very pleased as well. A bottomless cup of coffee was also enjoyed. Staff was always there to check on us.

It is located below street level so be sure not to miss it. Ample seating was available and atmosphere welcoming. We will certainly return.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank joef5388
Reviewed 13 December 2019

We took a taxi from our hotel up to the Shadyside District, where Cafe Moulin is located. An eclectic stretch of shops (sort of the big name mall stores with Main Street settings) and Cafe Moulin is a little treasure. We went during the Thanksgiving weekend and made it to Cafe Moulin on Saturday. We waited for about 15 minutes. I am sure there are longer waits. Well, whatever you're wait, it will be worth it.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

Great food with nice atmosphere, Cafe Moulin checks all the boxes. Lovely “basement” spot adds to ambiance

Date of visit: November 2019