Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

More Info
from US$29.95
More Info
1,571 results
All reviews his life pop art silver clouds chronological order early life gift shop on display modern art first floor couple of hours visiting pittsburgh exhibits film portraits career fan silk
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This museum was our first stop in the city and they didn’t tell us at check in that the entire 4th floor was closed which contains the 1980s. It cut the visit short and left us hanging with information about the end of his life. His collection is interesting and varied and the museum laid it out chronologically which was helpful. I would recommend a visit but make sure that every floor is open.

1  Thank Familytravelmaven
Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

If you are into fine arts, you probably would not like this museum. I felt a little disappointed, and I don't feel this is worth the admission of $20. The whole 7 floors of art works, only a handful piqued my interest. There were tons of pictures of celebrities, and some back stories about them, but they do not belong in a museum. I feel like they are just fillers for the space.

I don't really understand contemporary arts, so I am just going to stop writing now. Will not return for a second time, that is for sure.

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Very nice and clean museum, hand sanitizers and staff everywhere, they are covid friendly with good distance protocols and mandatory masks. The art and history was nice, just not my cup of tea. Not very kid friendly, there are some nude artwork here, the lower kids area was closed off. If you're a Warhol fan you'll enjoy this. Beware of the parking lot, it's $8 and the parking attendant is very rude.

Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

Wow huge museum! 7 floors of his paintings, photos, and movies. Huge huge paintings! I think I wasn’t that into this because Warhols style and works have been recycled over and over. What was the most interesting were the descriptions and portraits of those he kept close. I can’t tell if he was before his time using interracial imagery and portraits of gender nonconforming folks or he was just another culturally appropriating white guy.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 23 April 2021

On a pleasant Friday evening in the middle of April,I spent 3 hours enjoying the silkscreen creations of Andy Warhol as well as learning about Andy Warhol,the movie producer.I especially savored the following silkscreen creations of Warhol's:"Flowers","Grace Jones""(Michael Barrocal"(employed acrylic silkscreen ink and diamond dust on linen),"Elvis Presley".and"Liz Taylor".I also saw a wonderful creation of an elephant by Keith Haring in this art museum.I also saw fine photographic works by Peter Brands("Donna Jordan and Jane Forth"),Antonio Lopez,and Chloe Wise,among others.I also liked Andy Warhol's"Silver Clouds".
This art museum emphasized Andy Warhol's Gay Lifestyle much more than it did in previous times..Covid 19 Protocol is strictly observed at this quality art museum(face masks, online ticketing)

Date of experience: April 2021