“Great fun - excellent trip”

Captain Ron's Diving
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Norristown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn to explore this amazing world through scuba diving! We can show you the beauty of the ocean and its creatures. Come face to face with a sea turtle and watch a clown fish play on a coral reef. Join Captain Ron and his Crew on your journey to become a scuba diver. Experience exotic places and explore the things that interest you; whether mysterious sunken treasures or extravagant coral ree
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We went on a week long snorkeling and diving trip to Grand Cayman planned by Captain Ron and Donna. I only snorkel and they planned an excellent trip. The Holiday Inn Grand Cayman was an excellent choice for the group. In addition to snorkeling, there were lots of activities that they had planned like the turtle farm and downtown George Town. All the restaurants were excellent. If you are looking to travel either for snorkeling or diving Ron and Donna are very knowledgeable and make the trip fun for everyone.

Date of experience: January 2018
Capt_Rons_Diving, Manager at Captain Ron's Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for joining us in Grand Cayman. We were so happy to have you join us and we are thrilled you enjoyed the island and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you on another adventure with us soon!

All reviews
"blast"
"fun"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I just completed the PADI Advanced Open Water course with Ron, Donna, and crew, so I got the opportunity to spend 3 great days diving with them at Dutch Springs.

Ron is an attentive instructor who makes a serious task of teaching you to, and insuring that you can, safely and competently execute the required skills. At the same time he makes it all fun - you'll have a blast doing your dives and spend the time between laughing!

"Fun" and "Serious" don't always go together in training situations, but Ron is one of those rare instructors that knows how to naturally balance the two well.

Date of experience: September 2017
Capt_Rons_Diving, Manager at Captain Ron's Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your review! We enjoy spending the day diving with new friends and while we do stress safety, we also want everyone to have fun! We hope you will dive with us again soon! We can't do it without our wonderful students!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Working on PADI Master Scuba Dive rating with Captain Ron's diving. Have completed 2 full-days / 6 dives with them at Dutch Springs, PA. I have another day planned with at 3 dives to complete my fifth Dive Specialty course. Each one so far has been interesting, challenging, and fun. The overall experience has been great - very professional, top-notch rental equipment, friendly, easy-going, extremely focused on safety and a bunch of fun. Captain Ron has a low key approach to teaching (not a drill sargent or task master!) but requires his students to achieve high standards before completing a task and progressing. I think I will be taking my 11 year old son and his friend to Captain Ron for their Advanced Open Water training when time permits.

Date of experience: September 2017
Capt_Rons_Diving, Manager at Captain Ron's Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for your review! We love to see divers advance their training and continuing on with specialty courses. We look forward to having you back and would certainly welcome the opportunity to train your son and his friend in Advanced Open Water Diving!We cannot do it without great students like you!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I can't say enough about the attention and professionalism of Captain Ron's Diving. My 13 year old took the Advanced Junior Open Water Certification with Ron and his team. They were very patient with him and even did extra dives to make him more comfortable. They are a great team that makes diving fun. Their goal is to insure you are a safe and competent diver. If that means more time and effort, they are happy to go the extra mile to make you successful. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2017
Capt_Rons_Diving, Manager at Captain Ron's Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We so enjoyed watching your son as he learned his advanced skills and hope he will continue to explore the underwater world. We look forward to your family diving with us again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I walked through the door and knew I was going to have a blast. And I was right! From day one the team at Captain Ron's Diving made you feel right at home. They guided you through the whole process of becoming certified to scuba dive. I always wanted to dive but I didn't know where to go. I was very pleased that I came across Captain Ron's. They are a group of people that are just fun to be around and add another element to dive certification. As far as the certification process, it was great. Some of the most fun I ever had and with a great instructor. Captain Ron was very good with students and made everything clear and understandable for everyone. It was very professional and well done as well. If you're looking for a place to get scuba certified and never forget your first group of dive buddies, this is by far the right choice. CHOOSE CAPTAIN RON'S!!!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Karalimo
Capt_Rons_Diving, Manager at Captain Ron's Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for this review! We are very happy you chose Captain Ron's for your scuba diving and we look forward to diving with you again soon. We love to see our students learn and enjoy diving. Welcome to Clan MacDiver!