“Fine dining--food and atmosphere”
Review of General Warren

General Warren
Reserve with OpenTable
General Warren is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$18 - US$48
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Warren Avenue
Transit: Local SEPTA R-5 Regional Rail transit and Amtrak service 1 mile from inn. Advance taxi service reservations required. Call us for assistance, 610 296.3637
Description: Historic 18th Century Country Inn, Restaurant and Boutique Hotel. Eight Charming Guest Suites and American Cuisine Restaurant. Three private dining rooms, outdoor dining space, 4 seasons heated terrace. Perfect for special occasions, lite bite, happy hour and casual dining. Intimate wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties and business meeting spaces
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The food is always wonderful at the General Warren. The service is exceptional, truly professional. And the atmosphere is both quaint and sophisticated. On a cold night, try to get a place by the fire, if you can!

1  Thank Eric S

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A very poor Beef Wellington. The meat was tough and not very flavorful,at all and expensive attempt by the General Warren

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We came here for a celebration dinner. The staff were very attentive and the food was very good. The place has a nice atmosphere and many rooms so can accommodate a lot of guests. Having the Caesar salad made table side also provided a little unexpected entertainment.
A nice place for a leisurely dinner to celebrate a special occasion.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I went there for dinner at 5 pm on a Friday. I didn't have a reservation but they found a place for me on the porch which was fine. I don't drink alcohol but it looked like they had a more than adequate wine list. The salad, beef Wellington and dessert were all wonderful and the service was top notch. Dinner with tax and tip was under $70 per person. The place was full of locals but If you're visiting you need to look around the old tavern.

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 8 March 2018

A hidden gem in Malvern with a quaint homey atmosphere. They have ample parking and take reservations. So, we were in the King of Prussia area and wanted to eat at a non chain restaurant. My husband ordered the snapper soup and said he would definitely order the soup again. I opted not try have an appetizer or starter. We both ordered the Filet Mignon entree. Our filets were prepared as ordered. The Filet's were moist and juicy and slightly seasoned. We prefer a our Filet's with slightly more seasoning than they way they prepare. So for future orders we would simply request slightly more seasoning and I am sure they would be accommodating and the Filet's would be divine. For dessert we ordered the bananas foster and always one of my favorites and first choices and trust me you will not be disappointed with this dessert option.

Been to General Warren? Share your experiences!