All reviews iron horse old church my favorite part made us feel at home breakfast was delicious let them know nice place to stay in town rectory personality pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Our family had to say goodbye to a family member this month. Her and my mom we close and I made sure my mom made it back home to say goodbye. I thought this might be a nice change from a average hotel stay for here. She loved everything about the old house. Everything was as expected for the age of the house. We also had the whole house to ourselves. Breakfast was great and tasted great. Didn't leave hungry. We had small issue but the care taker was on it soon after we called to let them know.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Ratjumper
Ginny F, Owner at Heritage House Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

thank you so much for your very nice review! We are sorry for the reason you visited, but so happy you were comfortable and had a good stay! We hope to see you again under happier circumstances!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here. The large inn, a former church rectory, is very old and full of vintage touches like deco tiled bathrooms and painted hard wood floors. Our Iron Horse room was spacious and had an en suite bathroom. One drawback is that the windows face the busy highway, and traffic was loud to me, as I'm a light sleeper.

Overall, the house has character and shows its age. This is not a hotel, where each room and decor is the same. The rooms were all empty during our visit, so we peeked into the open and unoccupied suites. Each has its own charm.

The inn also has cozy nooks and rooms for relaxing. There is a game room and a TV room on the ground floor. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The innkeeper was kind and friendly, and made us feel at home.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSC73

Thank you so much for your very nice review! we hope you will visit again and we can recommend rooms which ae at the back and away from the street! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We chose Heritage House Inn precisely because of Trip Advisor reviews, and I'm happy to add my own. The location was convenient, the history of the house as an old rectory was interesting, and the friendly service was great. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had personality. Why stay in a boring standard hotel when you can have local flavor!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley T

Thank you Shirley for the great review! We hope you will visit again!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

This B&B is a converted rectory and the decor, while dated, is authentic and is from a day gone by. Everything is in working condition and the owner and staff are friendly and very accommodating. There is plenty of space in the living room, game room and dining area to enjoy if you want to spend some time relaxing and/or socializing at the B&B. The rooms are decorated in different and unique styles and the decorative fireplaces (although not in use) are beautiful to look at. The breakfast is tasty, filling and presented in a very attractive manner. We stay here when returning to visit family in the area and this place feels like our home away from home. We have stayed here the past two years at Christmas and the B&B is very nicely decorated.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fivecrowns2016

Thank you for your very kind review! I am sorry to be so late responding! We have enjoyed your visits and are glad you enjoyed as well. We hope to see you many times in the future!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

After a disappointment in another venue, I was delighted to find this place. I don't know why I haven't seen this before, as it has been open since 2012 and I've been traveling to Johnstown once per week since 1997.
A former manse, this old house has been refashioned into a nice, comfortable inn, in the old and truest sense of the word. The furnishings are, as you would expect, antique or retro.
My room was tastefully appointed, very clean, comfortable.
The breakfast was outstanding. On the first morning, there were triple-berry pancakes -- very thick and light, dusted with powder sugar. This morning I was overwhelmed with crème brûlée french toast, which I hadn't known was a gastronomic possibility, and voilà, here it was in all its splendor. And if that wasn't enough, here also was a breakfast soufflé.
In Johnstown? Holy smokes.
Well, I travel to Johnstown every week from Pittsburgh. I'll be coming here again.

Room Tip: Call to ask directions, because the street address is not all that helpful. Each room is named and posted, I believe, on the inn's website.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
3  Thank janotec

I am sorry to respond so late to your review! We are so happy you enjoyed the Heritage house Inn and found it comfortable and the Breakfast tasty! We really appreciate the kind words and hope you will visit again!