River Inn Resort
Candlelight Lodge(Thredbo Village)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$156
The Denman Hotel Thredbo(Thredbo Village)
US$150
HotelQuickly
US$89
TripAdvisor
Alpenhorn Lodge(Thredbo Village)
Winterhaus Lodge(Thredbo Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Perisher Valley Hotel(Perisher Valley)
  • Pool
Sundeck Hotel(Perisher Valley)
Barrakee Lodge(Perisher Valley)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslive entertainmentdidn't mindbeginners areabridge connectingbasic accommodationoutdoor barski schoolmicrowave and fridgebigger roomcoming back next yearbring earplugsdirect accessunbeatable locationinstant teahot breakfastmin walkroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This hotel is seriously understaffed. The few young people that work here do everything and to cater for a full house. They were as helpful as time would allow given the demands placed upon them to keep this place running.
The best part of this hotel is its lounge room with comfortable chairs and tea and coffee making facilities. The bedrooms are a reasonable size for two guests but the family rooms are cramped. The bedrooms are really hot during the summer and in the three rooms we booked none of the windows opened enough to cool the room. Rooms don't have fans.
There is no housekeeping service each day so beds and bathrooms remain unserviced.
The breakfast area is dirty and choice of food very limited, We had 10 guests in our party and they all went out for breakfast after the first days experience.
The place is a rabbit warren of twisted hallways and confusing staircases. God help guests if there was a fire.
I could not recommend this hotel to anyone. Our 10 guests were very disappointed but none of us blame the staff. The owners of this property are to blame, trying to run it on a budget.

Room Tip: ask for any room that has a window that will open for air in summer. Rooms are extremely hot
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Look, realistically speaking when you’re in such a beautiful part of the world, you really just want somewhere comfortable to lay your head at night. My husband and I spent two nights at the River Inn Resort... I’m not sure why it states ‘resort’ as it was far from that but that’s just an observation. We got the room for what we thought was a very reasonable price, it is the off-season and we did book it the night before so this would have obviously helped with keeping the cost low.

We had no problems with the staff at all, they were friendly and accomodating which was in direct contrast to some of the reviews I’ve read. The room was clean albeit in need of some updating (however, as I said above, realistically I wasn’t planning on spending much time in the room). Unfortunately, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows left me with a neck ache each morning, not the best feeling after walking for 6 hours the previous day. There is no fan or air conditioning in the rooms and although there was a window in, it did very little. So while it was nice and cool outside, it was stuffy and hot inside, to the point where I was putting a cold facewasher on my face just to try and cool down. I get that it’s an alpine area, however, given we’re in Australia, this alpine area was experiencing 30 degree days while we were there and it was very unpleasant to be in such a stuffy room that did not cool down. Breakfast was not what I was expecting, if you’re wanting a satisfying buffet style breakfast you will be sadly disappointed. On offer there was toast with either vegemite, honey or raspberry jam, a selection (and I use this term loosely) of four cereals or yogurt with tinned fruit.

The location of the River Inn is handy, it is 500 metres from Thredbo village itself and it is ski in and ski out as there is a lift very close. However, I did some research into the prices they were charging during peak season and it just not worth the cost to stay there.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2018

There was no WiFi access in my room, although I had specifically booked this hotel because in-room WiFi access was advertised. Both my computer and phone could not access the signal. I tried everything, including re-starting the computer and phone, without success. The receptionist said there was nothing she could do about it, but said she would contact the manager, and I had to settle for WiFi access in the lounge. Otherwise, the hotel was just ok. The room lacked a glass tumbler (I had to nick one from the lounge) and the shampoo dispenser was empty. These might seem like trivial details to staff, but to the guest not being able to shampoo one's hair and having nothing to drink out of are major nuisances. In the hotel business it's attention to detail that counts; I'm sure management understands this but evidently do not communicate this adequately to staff. I daresay nothing will improve in this hotel until there is more competition in the vicinity, though. The breakfast was fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, tinned fruit and toast. In Australia, for some strange reason, this is called a "continental breakfast". At least there was vegemite, thank heavens!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We were locked out our room for our last stay. The door lock circuit burnt in late afternoon. To save cost, the hotel didn't have a manual key, the staff didn't want to call a locksmith to avoid evening charges. There were lies about the door being fixed. In the end, we could not get our medicine, clothes for the night and the 2nd day morning. Very bad service. The hotel is in a run-down mode. Never ever come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2017

The rooms were reasonably clean, nice beds with enough facilities in the room such as fridge, clean toilets, hot water. However, there was no aircon which made the room quite stuffy in summer and also the counter crew was always not around, only at check in. This is not only hard for tourists but also for the safety of the hotel, where people could enter their desks.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business