River Inn Resort
Winterhaus Lodge(Thredbo Village)
Candlelight Lodge(Thredbo Village)
TripAdvisor
The Denman Hotel Thredbo(Thredbo Village)
  • Breakfast included
Alpenhorn Lodge(Thredbo Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Marritz Hotel(Perisher Valley)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Perisher Manor(Perisher Valley)
  • Bar/Lounge
Perisher Valley Hotel(Perisher Valley)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewslive entertainmentdidn't mindbeginners areabridge connectingbasic accommodationoutdoor barski schoolmicrowave and fridgebigger roomcoming back next yearbring earplugsdirect accessunbeatable locationinstant teahot breakfastmin walkroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

Look, realistically speaking when you’re in such a beautiful part of the world, you really just want somewhere comfortable to lay your head at night. My husband and I spent two nights at the River Inn Resort... I’m not sure why it states ‘resort’ as it was far from that but that’s just an observation. We got the room for what we thought was a very reasonable price, it is the off-season and we did book it the night before so this would have obviously helped with keeping the cost low.

We had no problems with the staff at all, they were friendly and accomodating which was in direct contrast to some of the reviews I’ve read. The room was clean albeit in need of some updating (however, as I said above, realistically I wasn’t planning on spending much time in the room). Unfortunately, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows left me with a neck ache each morning, not the best feeling after walking for 6 hours the previous day. There is no fan or air conditioning in the rooms and although there was a window in, it did very little. So while it was nice and cool outside, it was stuffy and hot inside, to the point where I was putting a cold facewasher on my face just to try and cool down. I get that it’s an alpine area, however, given we’re in Australia, this alpine area was experiencing 30 degree days while we were there and it was very unpleasant to be in such a stuffy room that did not cool down. Breakfast was not what I was expecting, if you’re wanting a satisfying buffet style breakfast you will be sadly disappointed. On offer there was toast with either vegemite, honey or raspberry jam, a selection (and I use this term loosely) of four cereals or yogurt with tinned fruit.

The location of the River Inn is handy, it is 500 metres from Thredbo village itself and it is ski in and ski out as there is a lift very close. However, I did some research into the prices they were charging during peak season and it just not worth the cost to stay there.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2018

There was no WiFi access in my room, although I had specifically booked this hotel because in-room WiFi access was advertised. Both my computer and phone could not access the signal. I tried everything, including re-starting the computer and phone, without success. The receptionist said there was nothing she could do about it, but said she would contact the manager, and I had to settle for WiFi access in the lounge. Otherwise, the hotel was just ok. The room lacked a glass tumbler (I had to nick one from the lounge) and the shampoo dispenser was empty. These might seem like trivial details to staff, but to the guest not being able to shampoo one's hair and having nothing to drink out of are major nuisances. In the hotel business it's attention to detail that counts; I'm sure management understands this but evidently do not communicate this adequately to staff. I daresay nothing will improve in this hotel until there is more competition in the vicinity, though. The breakfast was fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, tinned fruit and toast. In Australia, for some strange reason, this is called a "continental breakfast". At least there was vegemite, thank heavens!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We were locked out our room for our last stay. The door lock circuit burnt in late afternoon. To save cost, the hotel didn't have a manual key, the staff didn't want to call a locksmith to avoid evening charges. There were lies about the door being fixed. In the end, we could not get our medicine, clothes for the night and the 2nd day morning. Very bad service. The hotel is in a run-down mode. Never ever come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2017

The rooms were reasonably clean, nice beds with enough facilities in the room such as fridge, clean toilets, hot water. However, there was no aircon which made the room quite stuffy in summer and also the counter crew was always not around, only at check in. This is not only hard for tourists but also for the safety of the hotel, where people could enter their desks.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

It's all well and good to have location, location, location, which this is BUT let's be honest the customer service and decor are very lacking.
Although I had a problem booking through another company and my concerns were 'sort of' addressed by staff at Foh , they could have resolved it then and there and so much better... But....didn't want to go that extra mile .... So sad

We enjoyed the large family room with a balcony at the front of the lodge and though spacious, if there are five or more in this room why only seating for two?? Wifi was non existent even when using password, and tv channel selection Hopeless....it was a little noisy at peak times and although the bathroom is spacious nowhere to put your stuff with a teeny weeny sink area, but otherwise ok.

The ski storage was inadequately set up as there was no room to move as people came in and out and if you tried to use the small seat to put your boots on in the walkway, you had to put your helmet on first or you may be concussed as people walk past with their skis.

The meals were alright although breakfast you have to pay for a decent coffee and it was the same menu three days in a row.
Dinners were optional unless you had them included, and looked nice but we ordered pizza at the bar on the advice of the Inns dinner server who suggested the food was nicer there???

No atmosphere to the place and I'm not sure if this was because we were there during the last weekend of the season.

So much potential but the decor is really outdated and so very cluttered in the main eating area and the lounge is so dark and dank... No lounging there, too scary. Neat and tidy but...
The spa area is nice enough, but not huge, it's just a spa really.

So although we enjoyed our stay and the location was excellent, and staff were friendly enough, pull your finger out management cause this place could be fantastic and an oasis in Thredbo and somewhere you would return to again and again....

NB: Overall, I must say, after skiing here for many years, all of Thredbo needs an upgrade and some attention to detail looking very tired and absolutely no atmosphere at all anymore, again, sad face.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family