“Bedt pizzas in port Stephens. ”
Review of The Wood Oven

The Wood Oven
Ranked #33 of 92 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice place, pizza and all the food is delicious, beautiful view and fast service, prices are affordable . We give 5 star high recommended ; )

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Over all the food was great. The wood fire pizza defiantly lived up to expectations. The four best so prawns pepperoni ham pineapple was delicious. The location was great. Sitting back looking over the marina. The let down for me is the lack of table service. It must the thing in Nelson bay. Every where I went it was order and pay at at the counter then take a sit. I was even given my drink at the counter and told water was help yourself using plastic cup. For me the overall experience was just ok.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

My wife and I had the chicken snitzel couldn’t even eat them they were horrible ..... apparently they are the chefs special recipe

1  Thank 233brad
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived here tonight myself and daughter we are on holiday from UK I had a gluten free pizza and my daughter had a garlic bread and cheese I ordered at counter and asked lady to bring the garlic bread same time as pizza she said that was fine.
Waited bout ten mins my daughter s garlic bread arrive she ate it waited another 20 mins and my pizza still hadn't arrived called the young girl over to explain that We ordered them to come together she went away and came back said it wouldn't be long she checked my order pleasant enough girl.
My pizza arrived about 5 mins after this.
Then this older lady appeared and demanded to know why my daughter was on TripAdvisor I thought she'd come to apologise for the delay and us not getting our meals together.
She said it was unfair to post on TripAdvisor as did we know how hot it's been today and how busy they are as it's valentines day.
My daughter said surely the manager knew it was valentines day and put more staff on she replied she was the manager/ owner my daughter pointed out that she has a right to post on TripAdvisor.
I was shocked at a managers approach to us the customer I have worked in a pizza restaurant for 32 years and if my manager spoke to customers the way this woman spoke to us he'd be picking up his p45 after a disciplinary hearing.
There was no need for this woman to approach us other than to apologise the young girl had already taken control of the situation.
The food itself was actually very nice on par with another lovely Italian around the corner except they have a rather more professional and friendly approach with their customers.
Obviously I will not recommended this place it's counter service and table clearers.
To summarise nice food terrible service from the manager

2  Thank june62Scarborough
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Ordered garlic bread with cheese lovely. However my mothers pizza was served 25 minutes after I received it even though asked for it to be all served together. Ruined by annoying wildlife from 7:30pm and they’re still twerping 30 minutes later. I know that’s not restaurant fault or anybodies, just take paracetamol.