“Food and atmosphere was worth the extra $$”

Valentina Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 49 Restaurants in Merimbula
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow, really enjoyed the whole dinning experience. Waitress suggested we order a mix of dishes as they would be brought out individually to share. This was a great idea. We took our time and enjoyed everything mouthful.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed 7 April 2021

This restaurant is the epitome of average. The food is very hit or miss and most of the time, not worth the money. You really are paying for the view and ambiance, definitely not the food.
I enjoyed the starters and the entrees more than the mains by a long shot.
The flank steak was extremely disappointing, being the cheapest cut of meat, not cooked well, and expensive.
The prawns were tough and I found it strange that we were told to eat the shell and all.
I recommend the pasta from the mains.
I only go to Val's when my friends make a booking otherwise I would not bother.
I cannot fault the desserts though, they were amazing. I would come here just for the desserts.
I hope they can get a different menu in the future and be able to execute it better but my experience from both visits was disappointing.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank AustraliaHopeful
Reviewed 5 April 2021

The best food I have had in a long time. Prawns were incredible. We will definitely be back! Thank you!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food, particularly the trevalli special, cherry tomato pasta and crispy potatoes. Attentive and friendly service. Expensive but the quality was exceptional. Beautiful ambience. We’ve been waiting for a fine dining experience like this in merimbula for years!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank SophieBurn
Reviewed 11 March 2021

This new restaurant has a beautiful view, and my partner and I hoped this would be a special dinner while visiting Merimbula however we were extremely disappointed. Not wanting to complain and cause a scene was our fault but we should have really. Our waitress was friendly but very preoccupied with a obviously much bigger group of local friends. The bbq prawns were awful, very dry and burnt and we couldn’t bring ourselves to eat the shells as was suggested by the waitress. The fennel salad was sloppy and bitter and I only ate it because I couldn’t eat the prawns. The main dish of fish we shared with side of broccoli was good but not great and a small serve to share with two. The chocolate mousse was very nice so at least I could eat that.
The wine was outrageously expensive and no better than a cheaper white wine, and the restaurant was extremely noisy and definitely not the place for a couple to have dinner. I would not recommend to anyone, and we have many friends who visit there, we wish we had gone elsewhere or cooked our own dinner. What could have been a nice night sadly wasn’t. Sad that the food is not good as the view is beautiful across the water.

Date of visit: February 2021