“Cant complain about the service”
Review of Stella Bistro

Stella Bistro
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Dungog
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Description: A Parisian style cafe serving delicious, wholesome food with an emphasis on quality ingredients sourced locally. Stella Bistro strives to deliver an authentic European style dining experience with a menu and wine list to match. Open for breakfast, lunch and evening tasting plates Friday and Saturday. The menu is designed with wine in mind and you will not be disappointed with the selection available, wines from Australia and around the word delivering exceptional value.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Cant complain about the service when there clearly isnt any! Very chaotic with what seemed like four ‘staff’ and +_12 customers. After a 20 min wait we left! Pathetic

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed 18 March 2021

We loved Dungog: the beauty of the place, the shops and the ambience were all most appealing. We had lunch at the bistro on a Saturday. The restaurant was busy but not packed, what with social distancing. Wine list was not huge but it was good and most of the choices were available by the glass. The menu was not huge but appeared to be carefully chosen and it achieved a good balance of dishes. My husband had fish and chips and a craft Byron Bay beer which he thought was OK. I had a Marlborough sav blanc and the most delicious plate of food. I had zucchini falafel on a circle of what was meant to be baba ghanoush but in reality was hommus. $57 for the 2 of us including drinks. Service was friendly but not super efficient and in fairness things got really hectic half an hour prior to the end of lunch service. I would have liked to have been asked about coffee, had my bill brought to me and lingered a bit longer in this really attractive space, with its high ceiling, wonderful prints and amazing installations. Maybe next time. And indeed I could've gone to the counter and ordered for myself.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

My wife and I booked in to have dinner before a movie at the James Theatre and the food and service was sensational! We both had an entree and mains plus some drinks and everything was perfect. Great atmosphere as well. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

The food was delicious, five stars to all the staff.
We always stop in for dinner and breakfast.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Coffee is very very good and consistent, breakfast menu met all 4 kids requirements, they loved the bacon, the service friendly. Great find.

Date of visit: January 2021