“Great Pit Stop”
Review of Get Toasted

Get Toasted
Ranked #100 of 215 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Description: Get Toasted is Byron Bays Original Toasted Sandwich Bar! Better known by some as Toasties/Jaffles or even Grilled Cheese!! A healthy yet very affordable eatery for the many locals, families, backpackers, workforce and of course the oldies of Byron! Great toasted sandwiches yes, but we also have great coffee, fresh juices, milkshakes, smoothies, salads, wraps, Belgian waffles and so so much more!!
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Get Toasted is a great pit stop at the start of your exploration of Byron Bay. I had just got off the bus from the Byron Bay Bluesfest and I was looking for somewhere for breakfast when Get Toasted stared at me from the first corner. It's an inviting stare with my good toasties to enjoy. I had the vego toast with grilled haloumi, egg, rocket, the right amount of chutney and another special ingredient. It went down a treat. The other guys from the bus who were enjoying Bluesfest and Byron Bay for the first time agreed. They each had something different, but felt chuffed to find something cheaper, nutritious and appetising right near the bus stop. So stop in, grab a coffee while you wait for your toast and enjoy your day.

Simon C, Owner at Get Toasted, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Steve! Thanks so much for awesome review! Hope you had a blast at Blues and we hope to see you next time you're in town!!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Gorgeous food, friendly staff and great vibe. Could eat that Brekky Roll everyday!!!! Healthy too, and everything fresh. Just love it.
There you go Tai, I told you I wouldn't forget! From Paul.

Simon C, Owner at Get Toasted, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Paul thanks for the review! The brekky rolls are going off! Thanks for popping into Get Toasted and we hope to see you and the family soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Seriously, this dude takes toasted sandwiches to a whole new level. Can’t recommend this place highly enough. Amazing coffee also.

Simon C, Owner at Get Toasted, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi Lucas! We appreciate the review and thanks for the feedback! We have an in-house rivalry on our best coffee maker so i hope it was me who made it haha!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I had such a great visit at Get Toasted today! LOVELY staff, superfood vibes here, the sandwiches are yummy and the Acai- Bowl was honestly the BEST and freshest I have ever had in all Australia (and I travelled all around Australia! ) .
They just make everything from the freshest ingredients and for that they have very reasonable and fair prices- nice Meal Deals as well!
And also check out the Quotes Wall while you have your brekkie or lunch there !!!
Highly recommended! I will come back for sure !

1  Thank Atlanta L
Simon C, Owner at Get Toasted, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Miss Atlanta! Thanks for the awesome review! We hope you tell all your friends to check out Get Toasted!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Would have liked to try having walked 15 mins from our hotel only to find out they are a cash only business. I think that is very poor service in 2018 and I take that as a sign that they have no interest in my business or customer service.

1  Thank KellyT_AU
Simon C, Owner at Get Toasted, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hi Kelly! Wow! A 1/5 review without even trying the food thats gotta be a first! I cant believe someone (anyone) would take the time to go on Trip Advisor to leave a negative review over it being a cash only business without just asking at the counter why we didn't have an eftpos machine!? But because you didn't ask, let me take a minute out of my busy day trying to keep everyone happy to answer your question!

There is an ATM in store provided for your convenience.. Did you see it? Or had you already stormed out in a huff? We also have all staff trained to tell you that yes that ATM does charge but there is a free one just 20 metres around the corner. But i guess that 15 min hotel walk you would've been huffing and puffing hard so I'm sorry for that 'extra' 20 mins inconvenience!

To answer your existing question, the banks were charging us approx $3500 a year! (i know Kelly) to have that eftpos machine in the store, these extortionate rates cripple a small business like ours, so we had 2 choices, remove it or increase our food prices. Yep you guessed it, we removed it. So we can keep providing our customers with cheap and bloody tasty grub!!

Finally, il take your review as a sign that some people don't see how hard it is to run a small business and we forgive you Kelly! Hope you had a great time in Byron Bay and found somewhere to tap your card! One of these days all the small businesses will be gone and thankfully.. Mc Donald's has eftpos machines.