The White Hart(St Austell)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$208
US$192
US$120
Hotels.com
The Waterwheel Inn(St Austell)
US$148
US$192
US$164
Topos Bed & Breakfast(St Austell)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$69
Free cancellation until 07/22
US$197
US$191
Travelocity
The Arches B&B(St Austell)
US$86
US$71
Free cancellation until 07/26
Book now, pay at stay
US$88
Court Farm(St Austell)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$24
Pitchup.com
1,711 results
All reviewsgolf coursebrend hotelsgolf clubgolf breakbrend grouptaste brasserieround of golfsea viewmain restaurantindoor and outdoor poolspitch and puttlounge barlovely hotelfour star hotelwine listtennis courtsevening entertainment
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Despite travelling the world I had never been to Devon and Cornwall, so we recently headed down to Cornwall for a long weekend.

Firstly what a lovely place Carlyon Bay is - absolutely beautiful location and we were so fortunate to pick the one weekend in March where there was decent weather.

My wife used the spa and was impressed - it is however very busy and I would recommend if you can you book 2 or 3 weeks in advance. We were at an off-peak time of year and struggled to get a booking.

The bar is very pleasant - and the Cornish cocktails should definitely be tried. We dined in both the restaurants whilst there. I know I am probably being a bit picky here but I thought the burger I ordered in the bistro was a bit below par if i'm honest. I thought it was overcooked and I suffered with indigestion during the night which I attributed to this. Apart from this however we both felt the food was of a very good standard. Breakfast in particular a highlight - well done and never rushed despite a busy weekend.

Overall we had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and will be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to Cornwall and the Carlyon Bay Hotel. We are very fortunate in our excellent central location in the county.

We often receive excellent feedback with regards to the Spa and treatments, I am glad this was your experience. The Spa is very popular and treatments do get booked in advanced, it is always advisable to speak to the Spa at your earliest convenience. Your comments with regards to your dinner on one of the evenings has been passed onto management, this is not the usual feedback we receive.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I have been visiting the CBH for several years and it remains as good as ever. Constantly refurbishing parts of the large hotel keep the CB up to speed. the spa can get busy but has everything you need. There are a choice of restaurants and the Golf bar and restaurant a short walk away.
The rooms are well presented and sea view ones are a must.
Great for families and for short stays.
Car parking quite extensive and secure with 2 permanent door men

Room Tip: sea facing
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for your 5* review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

It is wonderful to hear from returning guests, in particular that you are repeatedly receiving the high level of service we pride ourselves in providing. You will have to visit again soon now the Terrace is completed, it will be beautiful sat out enjoying the sunshine looking out across St. Austell Bay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I had organised a spa day for my birthday with a friend at The Carlyon Bay Hotel in March. I can not fault the spa itself or the staff and my massage was amazing. I enjoyed lunch there too. Unfortunately I had forgotten to pay for my lunch st hen as I paid upfront for the spa day. I didn’t realise until I had received a message from one of the managers at the hotel 2 days later. I was mortified that I hadn’t paid. I telephoned them and that’s when my views of the hotel changed. I spoke to a receptionist regarding the matter, I apologised for forgetting to pay and said I would come In and pay the outstanding bill. She wanted me to do it there and then, I explained I was unable to and that I would pay it when I’m back from my work commitments. She wasn’t happy at this and then asked if I’d send a cheque, I do not have any cheques I explained, her attitude changed and became demanding and stated that the bill had to be paid today. I told her again that will be impossible until I return. I was then put through to a man who is the manager called Ali. He was rather rude and condescending and practically accused me of theft in so many words and kept on telling me that people don’t just walk out without paying. I tried to tell him it was a simple mistake and that I am coming to the hotel to pay it in full when I return. He then said I have your name and telephone number it was rather intimidating in my opinion, why did he tell me that? Was it a scare tactic? Is that how this hotel operates? He just kept going on about how could I have not paid , and that having to wait until I was back was unacceptable. He was a horrible person to talk to and he just wouldn’t listen. I told him I am going to pay when I’m back, sadly this fell on deaf ears. It’s such a shame that the manager of The Carlyon Bay Hotel has a rude manner and clearly thought I was not going to pay. I told him I did not like his attitude and that I am going to complain, his answer was fine , I’ll look forward to reading it, I then asked if he oversees his own complaints, he said no but he was quite certain that nothing would come of it. If this is how Brend Hotels staff treat there customers and then are not held accountable if a complaint is made it just makes me wonder how are they still in business. I have never been spoken to in this way before.
I personally will not have anything to do with this hotel brand name again once I have paid this bill.
I feel like I have been reprimanded and branded a thief
Horrible feeling.
I rated one circle as unable not to tick none.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
8  Thank katt_Star
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Another lovely stay at The Carlyon Bay hotel very clean, room was lovely weather was good even after the snow, breakfast was really nice and plenty of it, the lady doing the eggs was very bright and breezy and a real credit to the hotel she tested the eggs to make sure they were soft and then told you to enjoy your breakfast much better than the grumpy man yesterday. May go back but might try one of the other hotels in the chain next time. Would definitely recommend, worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your 5* review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed another lovely stay with us, it is lovely to hear from returning guests. Your kind comments with regards to your breakfast service has been passed onto to the Chef and management and is gratefully received.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future, to the Carlyon Bay Hotel or one of the other Brend Hotels in the group.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited the hotel before so when we saw the garden package email we thought we would go again. We had complementary tickets to Heligan Gardens and the Eden Project (valid for a year) and thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day break with amazing mild weather (snow on the way home). The food for breakfast and dinner was really excellent and the staff were so helpful and gave excellent service - Irene from Moldova chased up my forgotten kipper order for breakfast one day. It’s not often you can experience a top hatted doorman outside London hotels and Barry does a first class job helping guests with their luggage and ensuring the brass handles of the front door are always highly polished! His assistant did a superb job cleaning our muddy shoes after our Heligan Garden visit. Any criticisms of this hotel are very minor - trouser presses or ironing board in the room, air conditioning in every room, dim night light to see our way into the bathroom at night, slippers standard rather than having to ask for them. The Golf Club restaurant did an excellent snack lunch on our early arrival on the first day. The spa is excellent and the white fluffy towels there and in the room help the pampering feeling together with fluffy bath robes. We look forward to a Gourmet Dining package being offered like our favourite hotel (the Royal) on the Isle of Wight so we can pay another visit to Cornwall.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for your excellent review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay with us on the Garden Break package. The package gave you access to the infamous Eden Project and the Lost Garden's of Heligan - both of which I'm sure you would agree are not to be missed whilst in Cornwall.

Thank you for your suggestions. We often receive brilliant feedback with regards to the high level of service our staff deliver here at the Carlyon Bay Hotel, which I am pleased was your experience. Your kind comments with regards to Irene, Barry and our staff here have been passed onto management.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.