Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
FindHotel
StayForLong
2,076 results
All reviews hot tub the cliff relaxation room spa journey indulgent room wine flight eco hotel outdoor natural pool glass of champagne tea and coffee special occasion overlooking the beach steam room laid back moment you arrive nothing is too much trouble whole experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just booked into this beautiful hotel and was expecting a room of the same quality. Unfortunately we are somewhat disappointed. We booked a celebration package which came with a ‘unique’ room. I realise this is at the lower end of the rooms on offer, but as this is a 4* hotel I did expect more than a bed in what for all intents and purposes is a bathroom. Our bathroom at home is not a lot smaller! Plus all rooms are advertised as having ‘a view’, take this with a pinch of salt if you are staying in a unique room. You have a turret with a window, not what I envisaged. Yes come to The Scarlet, but avoid a unique room at all costs.

1  Thank E7990IVdanielleg
Martin Williams, Guest Services / Front Office at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon

I am sorry to read your review of our hotel, thank you for saying you'd return and your positive notes though.

All of our rooms here at the Scarlet have wonderful views but as we are located on a cliff top it does mean there is a variance from room to room. Upon booking and receiving your confirmation it would have been noted of the layout of the unique rooms we have here at the Scarlet and so I hope this was received.

We have a lot of returning guests who love the layout of these rooms but I do understand they aren't to everyone's tastes. Please do get in touch with me if there is anything I can do regarding a future stay or if you are planning a return please do get in touch with our reservations team to discuss all options on the rooming front. My email is martin.williams@scarlethotel.co.uk.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Scarlet Hotel & Spa and again thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a hotel giving a superb experience whilst struggling for staff and constantly having the staff they do have, having to self isolate.
This was our second visit in two months and on both occasions the real stand out ihas been the food. The menu at first glance may seem limited with 5 options on starters and main course. But there’s no need to worry, The Scarlett has a chef who could make cardboard tasty. The flavours on every dish were remarkable and they coped with my wife’s gluten intolerance faultlessly and without needing to be reminded once across four days.
This is a place to chill and recharge with stunning views even though the weather in mid August didn’t do us any favours. All in all very good and we are going back

Room tip: 1-10 have the best views

Good Evening Alan,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay with us here at the Scarlet Hotel & Spa.

I will be sure to pass your comments to the chef and the whole team as they will be very happy to hear your kind words.

It's also great to read you feel recharged and that your time with us helped with this.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We felt well cared for and very comfortable in our room with our dog. We got in the outdoor hot tub in the early evening overlooking the bay to see the setting sun. Breakfast was very nice and the one dinner we had in the hotel was excellent.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Evening Danny,

Thank you for you kind review, it really is amazing to read how you all felt cared for and comfortable in your room.

It's also great to hear you made the most of our stunning location in the hot tub and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and dinner with us.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Guest relations Manager at the Scarlet Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

The experience we had went beyond exceptional. It takes many factors to make a five star rating and this hotel exceeds this. The staff are happy, kind, professional, attentive and courteous, nothing is too much trouble. They time everything perfectly so you benefit from every experience offered within the package. Lunch is on a private balcony overlooking the sea, beach and cliffs. The staff tailor and perfect everything so you feel it's individialised to you as a couple. The Spa is exceptionally clean and staff monitor this so you wouldn't think anyone else had been there throughout the day. They keep guests to a minimum so you enjoy your time at the spa without feeling crammed in. The architecture is amazing and the eco feel and artistic decor is immense. The food is exquisite and matched to your experience with earth, light and fire foods. Even the cutlery and crockery is designed to a very high standard. Free tea and water is made available all day and a great way of having a real escapism from real time, with no clocks and little electronic devices promoted. The beautiful views capture the tranquility and with an amazing eco outside pool you felt close to nature. The herb gardens have a sweet smell that emphasises the outside hot tubs and sauna, with a short walk straight to the beach. You have many areas to escape other guests and take in the beauty. The hotel spa really homes in on tranquility, with a lovely smell of intense, meditation rooms and many beautiful treatment rooms available to thd highest standard and decor. We stayed from 930 till 5 and felt like we didn't want to leave. The whole place is amazing and nice it was just for adults. There was a beautiful bar and games room but we didn't use it, although beautifully presented. This spa was better than anywhere we have been and we have travelled many countries with this on our doorstep we rarely go back to the same place twice but we definitely will visit Scarlet, we would be crazy to miss out on this Gem

We didn't take many photos as felt in a spa it would be encroaching in people's private space so apologies in advance.

Good Evening Kirstie,

Wow, your review makes for wonderful reading and I am so proud this is your reflection of your time with us at the Scarlet Hotel & Spa.

I have already forwarded your review to the spa team to ensure the whole team see your wonderful review and I will also pass on your feedback to the restaurant and front of house team too.

Very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Thanks again

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

We have been coming to this hotel for ten years, and would never go anywhere else due to the stunning location, the impeccable service and standards.

However, we stayed October 2020 and left slightly disappointed. We mainly stayed in our room due to the current situation which was fine. We decided to have all meals in the room which was terrible!! We had to wait an hour in between courses, the food was freezing cold, So made the the whole experience highly disappointing especially as it was also my 40th birthday. Every time we phoned reception for drinks etc we were often forgot about and had to ring again to chase our order. When checking out we did inform reception regarding our issues to which she refunded us the value of our dinner and also said she would give us a free room upgrade on our next visit. We came away from this feeling very sorry for the staff, they must have been under a great deal of pressure due to the current pandemic and was sure we would see an improvement on our next visit.
We looked forward to our next visit (August 2021) on arrival we were greeted by reception, I mentioned about our free room upgrade but understood this would be impossible to do at present due to the hotel being fully booked, she said she would see what else she could do for us.
We entered our room, only to find faeces on the underneath of the toilet when my husband lifted the seat to use it, the room was also very dusty, I would think that hygiene should and would be very important especially at present. The patio door was so stiff you could barely open it and our tv was not working properly this is not what you expect for £625 a night.
We then decided to use the spa facilities only to realise the sauna was not working properly, the swimming pool area had two glass panels completely shattered and was looking very tired as was the rest of the hotel.
On returning to our room we had been left a bottle of champagne and chocolate instead of our free room upgrade which was a lovely touch, however we rarely drink and if we do it would only be a glass of something.
We also experienced a few members of staff who were very abrupt, not only with us but with other guests too. This is definitely not the hotel we fell in love with all those years ago, we came away feeling like we had wasted a great deal of money. On checking out I felt it was pointless saying anything regarding all these issues and we decided to just cancel our October 21 reservation online. Upon doing this I was asked the reason for cancelling as their terms and conditions state if you’re cancelling more than 21 days your deposit will be forfeited. I really didn’t want to express my concerns, but I also didn’t want the hotel to forfeit my deposit . I spoke to a lady named jo, who agreed that the hotel was not operating to their usual standard and advised me to rebook next year when things should be back to normal. I was shocked by her response as firstly if that is the case they should not be charging their rooms at such a high rate, I also didn’t feel like a valued, loyal customer which is why I have felt the need to write a review.

1  Thank G6399KXnatashac

Good Afternoon

I am very sorry to read your review and feedback, I would love to hear directly from you. If you would like too then please reach out using my email; martin.williams@scarlethotel.co.uk

Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.