“Roast potatoes to die for!!!”
Review of The Crown At Bray

The Crown At Bray
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crown At Bray is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$36 - US$53
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a Sunday roast here and it was excellent. The roast potatoes were by far our favourite, it's essential to get the potatoes right on a roast! The meat was tender and well seasoned.
They have a great selection of wine & spirits too.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dinner with friends. Prawn cocktail appetiser was good. Main course of salmon... bland and quite average.. not what we expected at one of Heston’ s restaurants. Bar manager was apathetic when I complained about the dirty, litter strewn ladies toilets! There was an air of disdain shown towards me as I challenged the cleanliness of the area... not at all what I expected from this type of establishment.Obviously standards are slipping.Would we dine there again?probably not...average meal, overpriced..dirty toilets!

2  Thank _lancaster_claire4
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty efficient lunch that was served !!. Sadly out of ploughman’s lunch which is crazy , how can you be out of cheese ! . Bad management , the old English staple , really out of cheese and bread wow ! Says a lot . But cheeseburger s are to die for and fish and chips were yummy too. Service was good but had to chase them a bit and slightly could have smiled more . Not hard I wld say. Batman great and fast on beers . Not my first time here always a good experience but always something that needs bettering . Maybe sitting too pretty !!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here for lunch a while back. The service is good and food is excellent and cooked to perfection as you would expect from a place owned by Heston... Can be a bit on the expensive side as my hubby experienced with his steak;
They also have a good gin selection at the bar.

We will return soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a family birthday, the pub was full and we have the bad luck to be sat next to a crying baby. We had a corner table so weren’t too cramped but the pub is small and has a low roof so when it’s busy like today it’s a bit off putting. Service was good, roast meals were excellent as was specially prepared dessert. Nice touch to give my son a signed birthday card and ice cream. Only complaint was our £38 bottle of Malbec can be bought in my local offy for £9 - a tad too much markup methinks. A nice place to visit but wouldn’t go overboard about the place, recommend for family meals.