“The best food served in a pub in Berkshire if not UK”
Review of Stag and Hounds

Stag and Hounds
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Binfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Another stunning evening meal with my family on Easter Monday. The food was simply stunning. Burgers x 4 adults and I had the crispy duck salad. This was on top of the Oriental Platters for starters. Puds were also just bang on. Service standards very high and deserving of the tips given. Highly recommended if you enjoy fine pub dining.

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this pub. Never dissapoints in terms of food and service. My family and I came here last night and I was greeted by the bar who told me my family had all arrived already. I had been at work all day so it was lovely to come into such a lovely atmosphere and to a fantastic large table so we could enjoy a relaxed meal. We had the oriental platter and the mezze to start, both were absolutely delicious. Then 3 of us had steak burger which was so tasty! The burgers are absolutely massive and such good quality produce. My mum had the chicken burger which she said was also delicious and my dad had the duck salad - always has this dish and again it didnt dissapoint. The service was quick, very polite and friendly, we didnt catch the names of the waitress and waiter that served us but the bloke was a young, blonde guy and the waitress had wavy long blonde hair. They were both fantastic. We've been to the Stag and Hounds many times but i think this was the best meal we have had here. Thank you very much. We will 100% be back and i would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Emily S
Miles E, Owner at Stag and Hounds, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your glowing review. We are so glad that the team looked after you and your family so well on your recent visit.
I believe your servers were Scott and Alice on this occasion and have passed on your compliments on to them as well as to the kitchen team who are always pleased to receive such nice feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Another pleasant meal here today, this time for lunch. Very pleased to see a Roast Beef meal on the specials menu and three of our party of five chose this. It was delicious, and my request for an extra small jug of gravy was no problem at all. Our other two meals were just as good. The staff were all excellent – very efficient and genuinely friendly. The noise level in the barn dining area can get a little high, especially when it is busy, but nothing to put you off. Our first-time visit guests were impressed with everything, and we will happily come back again soon.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review of both the food and the service, we look forward to serving you again hopefully soon, now that the sun is out why not pop down for some lovely Al Fresco dining on the patio or in the beer garden under the shade of our palm trees.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife and I dined here recently one weekday evening and whilst we found the food to be reasonable for the price we found the service very detached and remote from the customer experience. The staff were clearly working hard but they did not show any interest in us as customers or in whether or not we enjoyed our meals, we had no check back either during our meals or when I paid the bill at the end of the evening. It was as though they didn't care, shame.
Even though we live fairly locally we will not be rushing to return anytime soon.

1  Thank Alwaysonholiday53
Miles E, Owner at Stag and Hounds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals but sorry to hear that you found the staff a little "uninterested"
It is part of staff training to ensure guests are checked back on both during and after their meals, please accept our apologies that on this occasion no one checked on your table. Your feedback will be passed to the General Manger who will ensure that his team is reminded of the importance of all aspects of customer service. We hope that this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner have been here a few times for special occasions as we know we are guaranteed a fantastic meal. The restaurant itself is so lovely and full of character. We actually had plans to dine elsewhere tonight but turned up and the menu was so uninspiring that we came back to the Stag and Hounds instead. Great menu full of variety, we were seated in a very cosy and romantic corner, food fantastic as always and our waitress Jacqueline (who was new!) was also fantastic. We had a really special night out and would happily recommend.

Dear Guest
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening with us once again and will ensure that Jacqueline is advised that you have mentioned her in your review. Thank you for your lovely comments, we look forward to serving you again soon