“Great catch up spot”

Ranked #18 of 413 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A beautifully restored building c.1905 Now open as a ground floor Pub (self Service for food and drink), 1st floor Restaurant (The Kitchen) - all served to you, and 2nd Floor Cocktail bar 'Fallen Angel' for Clarence diners. We also have our own micro brewery in the basement (Silver Street Brewing Co).. We offer pub dining as well as 'finer' dining... And we specialise in beer from 'The Tap' with a selection of Silver Street ales and guest ales too. You can just call in for a drink or a bite to eat. Booking advisable in The Kitchen especially at weekends.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a few beers and a catch up with a few friend. Great ale selection and staff. Such a lovely atmosphere, and the decor is beautiful! Deffo a recommendation

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had dinner here following a trip on the East Lancashire Railway. It was cold and wet outside, but we received a warm welcome from the Team Clarence. Some of our party opted for the main menu - starters looked good, and a huge lamb steak for mains. I was too busy savouring every mouthful of my own food to pay much attention to the others. I'm not veggie, but enjoy non meat meals. The Clarence offers original quirky options - I started with divine mushrooms on sourbread with samphire, followed by the most amazing teeny tiny curried pasta with roasted cauliflour and cashew nuts. It was just joy on a plate. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and we will be back!

1  Thank MimiatWi
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent gastro pub, pleasant ambience and not too busy. Managed to park yards away at parking meter.
Table service in restaurant area which we always appreciate. The menu had things for all tastes and needs. Loved my cauliflower risotto and the bangers and mash were very tasty too.
Good drinks, the beer was a Portland porter, tasty the Prosecco well cooled. Coffee to finish as could not face pudding.

1  Thank Johnandgerlind
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been wanting to visit for a while. Finally got chance and it was definitely worth the wait!

The menu is basically home comforts but they are done really well!

1  Thank Alex O
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sorry ... I forgot to post my review! ...
My sister-in-law booked The Clarence, for 4 of us, for a birthday celebration.

We promptly arrived, to be ushered into the bar for beers & cocktails ... the surroundings were were great, as were the beers & mojito.

We were then accompanied to our table. Choice of menu was extensive. We ordered a variety of starters between us, which ware all excellent. Myself & my bro-in-law ordered steak for the main course which were excellent. Our better halves ordered fish dishes, which were also excellent.
I had a liquid dessert; a single malt from their excellent selection. The waiters were also discussing their favourite malts, whether on their menu or not!
Really made to feel welcome. Pity it's not within walking distance for me.

2  Thank Tidy1